cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.1 and MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a customer who wants to connect a MDM 5.5 to SAP IDM 7.1 for user provisioning. As I know there are no Provisioning Tasks in place, yet. But what I didn´t know is there still a connector for connecting it, did someone know?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Joel,

well, I'm not an MDM expert, however, in general MDM offers two installation options:

a) local user store

b) user store LDAP

In case of option b) the integration should be simple but not specific for MDM (that means there is no direct link to MDM): IdM just works with LDAP users and LDAP groups which then are used by MDM.

However, this option might be limited somehow.

Concerning option a) There exist at least one partner who offers a predefined connector package for MDM which hooks into the SAP Provisioning Framework and which offers full support of MDM. (Am I allowed to post the name of the partner?)

Kind regards

Frank

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have implemented an adapter to connect the MDM to the IdM. The adapter handles roles and users of an MDM repository and allows the roles to be provisioned to MDM users and vice versa.

I developed the adapter originally for MDM 5.5 SP5/SP6 and IdM 7.0 last year. As there are not that much differences between IdM 7.0 and 7.1 an update to IdM 7.1 is a smaller to mid-sized task for me.

If you want more information feel free to contact me. Just have a look in my user profile.

Sorry for the late answer, but I had some holiday since June started.

Best regards

Dominik Trui

Solution Consultant

IBSolution GmbH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

you helped me a lot and thank you very much for your reply.

Best regards,

Joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same question with my MDM version being 7.1. Any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please elaborate your question.

There is a way of accessing MDM repositories via SAP Portal using User Mapping functionality.

There is a procedure of creating MDM System object which you can find in - Portal Content Development guide in www.service.sap.com/installmdm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BAUA,

We want to implement IDM 7.1 for user administration in our landscape. Our landscape includes SAP MDM among other SAP products. IDM being enhanced form of CUA, can it be used for user administration for MDM too?

Regards,

Vishal