cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL in SmartForm sent as email body

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently sending out email notifications to business partners via smartforms. I would like to include a URL in the body of the email. Does anyone know if it is possible to pass HTML to the function module and have it active on the email?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had done the program for sending the smartforms output to email as an PDF attachment. We are also receiving mails from SAP along with PDF attachments. But when I try to open the pdf file. it gives me the following error. Please help.

Adobe Reader could not open 'invoice.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file is corrupted ( for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded )

Regards,

Shankar

Regards,

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, you solved already this problem - but you have probably problems with encoding on giving attachment to send in internal table. You read probably PDF from a file in text format.

Cheers,

Wojtek.

former_member187506
Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally the smartform will go out as a pdf attachment to your email.

There are limitations to the built in mail interface on the smartform.

You will need to use fm 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1'.

Try this thread in the abap forum.

Or do a search in the abap forum on the FM, there are a ton of samples

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm currently working on the same topics.

I entered an hyperlink on smartform and I ask you whether it's possible to open it directly from smartform when it just received.

Thanks a lot,

Lorenzo

former_member187506
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can add a hyperlink from within a smartform.

The only issue is when you send the form as a pdf attachment, the user must have at least Abobe reader 6.0.

Otherwise the client will not launch the link. This has been our experience.

We have used smartform hyperlinks with success to access activity attachments.