Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOS folder Disappear in Limit SHOPPING CART

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All.

While creating limit sc , we need to assign manually a vendor rather than selecting from SOS.

What stratergy behind this design of limit sc.? should we do manually search the vendor only not automatically from fixed sos like contract / vendor list?

Why SAP protects this SOS folder in limit cart design?

br

muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

SOS is not available for Limit/Blanket orders. This is because Limit order functionality is part of centralized purchasing and is available only for Purchasers or Purchase assistant roles. I assume that SAP meant this functionality only for buyers and purchase assistant who generally knows the supplier and the value limits in advance before creating the Limit order and hence SOS is not available.

But Contracts can be used as SOS when you choose "Confirmation and Invoice" as Follow-on documents in the Create Limit screen. This is not automatic but you have to select the Contract manually.

Regards,

Jagadish

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks much Jagadis for the info. I concur

the real concern is that i have valid sos for those product category but i dont know exactly which vendor while i create a limit sc .

for eg. by manually selecting vendor , it might have contract or vendo list or not ..

if the system pops up the sos , it will be really help instead of entering manually..

br

muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Jun 3, 2009 1:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

In that case you have to build the custom logic to propose SOS in the Limit order screen...which is a big and complex one I believe. I do not think this is worth doing such complex development. Generally, the volume for Limit shopping carts will be minimal and when Limit shopping cart is created, user knows very well in advance what are the limits and the Vendor. This is what I see in my previous couple of projects.

Instead, you can push all Limit shopping carts to the buyer sourcing cockpit and let the buyer use propose source of supply in the sourcing and completes the shopping cart.

Its up to you how you want to achieve.

Regards,

Jagadish

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thnaks Jagadish

standard SRM system behaviour. Limit shopping carts will never come back to the sourcing cockpit. I believe they don t obey your sourcing configuration.

once purchaser here assigned vendor in limit sc means it is fixed vendor.

br

muthu

Answers (0)