Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY - problem after system copy

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done a system copy of our solution manager system in order to test installation of EHP1, now EHP1 is installed without issues.

I need to reconfigure SMSY to only point to our Sandbox for testing, but for some reason it won't let me create the RFC's and no RFC's no info get updated.

When i try try to generate the RFC's it says "No client specified", but i cant populate the clients without reading the system data, when i try to read the system data i get "No read RFC destination found for system 'XXX'" (for obvious reasons.

Do i have to run Initial, Basic Setup? or is there any way i can just create the RFC's manually?....

Regards

Juan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean with configure SMSY to only point to the Sandbox?

SMSY should get it's data from SLD.

Clients will automatically be added in your system info.

After this you select a client for which you wanna setup the RFC's and click generate.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So basically i have to run the basic config again to set the landscape, is that right?

@Holger, I already tried that and doesn't let me add clients...

regards

Juan

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

are you using SLD or LIS (configured in SMSY_SETUP)?

Also if you drop the system and recreate it, is it still greyed out? I think you can delete the system, without client assignement it cannot be not used in any logical component or solution landscapes.

Regards,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion it's always best to run these basic steps again.

Make sure your SLD contains accurate data, perform a Landscape Fetch and check your rfc's.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, I presume i need to run SOLMAN_SETUP again and define the landscape again... is that correct?

regards

Juan

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

you could try that, but I'd suggest to check your settings, as David recommended. Also check transaction SLD_CHECK, RZ70 (if you are using SLD).

Could you delete and recreate the entries manually? This should enable you to add clients manually. But this is not a solution if you have a lot of systems in your system landscape.

Regards,

Holger

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you delete and recreate the entries manually? This should enable you to add clients manually

How do i do that manually?... i tried via SMSY without success, Can't find the way to set the client to generate the RFC.

Its only a test system so 1 client will be more than enough to test connection with the satellite systems.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the right system in SMSY - Systems - Type (i.e. SAP ECC)

Select the system you want recreate

Right click the <SID> and select delete.

Make sure the system isn't being used anymore in solution landscapes and logical components.

Afterwards you can right click on the Type and choose either: Create New System or Create New System with Assistant.

Once you've created this system you should be able to generate the rfc's again.

cheers

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good... that did the trick...

One final question, my sandbox is still looking for SM_<system>CLNT<client>_BACK RFC of my production Solman, how can i change that to point to the new RFC that i just generate?...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

delete it, and when you generate the rfc's again using the wizzard it will regenerate this rfc with correct settings.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe i didn't explain myself....

I just generate the RFC's and they work well... now my sandbox (target system) was previously set to connect to the prod solman, I need that this system looks to the test solman. For example if I try to open a customer message from the sandbox it ask for the RFC with the SID of the production solman... I need to change that to point to the test solman.

Hope its a bit more clear now.

Thanks

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, in that case..... you're still in SMSY right.

Choose Environment - Solution Manager Operations - Administration SDCCN.

Add your sandbox in this list.

And choose assign as master system.

This way your sandbox should think your test solman is his master.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did that... still pointing to the same though, Is there any job that distribute those changes to the target systems?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well you could logon to your target (the sandbox) and delete the rfc that points to your prod manually.

Also you could check the settings in SDCCN - Goto - Settings - Task-specific.

Choose the "RFC Destinations"and check which one of the rfc's is mentioned as master.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Weird... sandbox is set as master and it still try to call prod... RFC for PRD is gone...

Also entry in table BCOS_CUST

OSS_MSG W SM_<sid>CLNT<client>_BACK

regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fix it by maintaining BCOS_CUST via SM30

Thanks for the advice

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well done!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should have a look in the BCOS_CUST table ?

If you already recreated the RFC connections from your new Solution Manager, it could be that there is still an old RFC connection in that table.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

you can enter clients manually. If you create a new system in the system landscape, then you should able to enter clients in SMSY in tab "Clients". If this is greyed out for some reason, then you can change the data source to "manual input". Click in the menu: Main Instance => Other object. Enter the sytem ID in "System" field, and select the push button "Set data source to Manual input". Then you should able to enter new clients for this system.

But I am not quite sure how the process is to reset it from Manual input back to automatic. Maybe SAP can add this.

Regards,

Holger