cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install the SCS in a switchover environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am install just the Java stack on windows 2003 with SQL Server 2000. We have a cluster set-up with two server (srv159 and srv158). srv159 is the main server and srv158 is the failover node. We have a virtual host set for the DB, 'ENDODB' and a virtual host set-up for the SCS, 'ENDOSCS'.

I tried reading the instructions in High Availability PDF document titled, 'SAP Web Application Server in Switchover Environments', but the instructions seemed to be geared more for a Unix environment not a windows environment.

How do I install the SCS in a switchover environment? Do I need to install on srv159 then switchover to srv158 and install there? Or do I need a shared drive like I used for the DB install?

What I did do was install the SCS on srv159 using the ENDOSCS virtual host, then I installed the Central Instance using the ENDODB virtual Host and a cluster shared drive for the DB data files. That install was successful and I was able to connect to the system using the Visual Admin tool.

I then tried to set-up the switchover for the SCS. I switched the cliuster over to point to srv158 and install the SCS using the ENDOSCS virtual host.

The system did not work correctly. I tried logging into Visual Admin but I was getting a message that it could not find the default Logon info.

Do I need to copy over some files from srv159 to srv158? Or should I be doing a single SCS install and load to a shared drive?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

Please take a look at the OSS note 779253.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a check on the /instguides for Portal HA Guides. There it's stated how to put a Portal (purely based on J2EE) on top of a MSCS cluster. It seems to work. Don't forget to use Oracle FailSafe for your DB HA requirements. (if you're on Oracle ofcourse).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Mike. Unfortunately, that OSS note seemed to be directed at an ABAP + Java Add-in install. We have a Java only install. We ended up installing the SCS on a shared cluster drive, which seems to be working and failing over correctly. However, I am still not completely comfortable that this is the best way to install the SCS in a failover environment.