cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows Service OracleserviceDEV cannot startup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All

Before upgrading NW7.0 to EHP1, I Installed microsoft runtime dlls vcredist_<platform>.exe and dbghelp.dll. but after installed them, the windows service OracleServiceDEV could not startup and can startup in cmd mode. I checked the service in regedit, it was normal.

How can I do it? Thanks.

Best Regards

Jiande Ding

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All

This problem has been solved.

Execute in cmd line:

oradim -EDIT -SID DEV -STARTMODE auto -SRVCSTART system

Best regards

Jiande Ding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

but before my upgrading, it can start automatically when Windows startup. Thanks.

Best regards

Jiande Ding

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

by defualt, Oracle's service will automatically start, but the Oracle DB will not start. This is the default from an SAP installation.

but if you start SAP, it will start DB for you.

so, what do you want?

1. start Oracle automatically upon booting up,

2. start Oracle when SAP starts

3. start Oracle and SAP automatically upon reboot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jiande,

OracleServiceDEV is Oracle DB related service. Can you set its startup type to Automatic mode & try by restarting your server.

hope this helps

Thanks,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sushil

The service can startup, but the database doesn't startup even the service startup. but in cmd line, the database can startup successfully.

Thanks.

Best regards

Jiande Ding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then database not start automatically, it starts after you start SAP in MMC --> the script for DB startup are executed. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think in wndows Database needs to either by BR*Tools or by SQL command. In MMC it wont start

Thanks,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

to Sushil Suryawanshi Why you think so ? Yes it not stops the DB , after you try to stop SAP in MMC, but if DB is not started and you try to start the instance in MMC ,it will up the Oracle DB by strdbs.cmd script. Try to check log's in work directory --> sapstart.log , stderr1, v9start.sql

to Jiande Ding : check this logs.

Regards.