cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Catalog - No Material Number maintained in EBP/SRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii All,

Currently we are implementing SRM MDM catalog for one client.

They dont have Material number maintained in EBP system.

We have loaded data without material number.

Now when we are adding the item to shopping list and trying to transfer the same, there is error.

'Incomplete items in catalog. Only complete items were transferred'.

I checked log in the EBP system, which says '00001 E BBPWS Product and description are missing'

How do we proceed..

Please help with the same.

Regards,

Poonam K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

The error is not due to missing Material Number but because of Short description.

'00001 E BBPWS Product and description are missing'

this means

00001 - Message No.

E - Message Type

BBPWS - Message ID

Check if the short description is maintained for the catalog item. If yes, then check the OCI mapping from Config UI.

Regards,

JItesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Jitesh,

Thanks for your quick reply..

The thing is they dont have any catalogs previously maintained in the EBP system.

We have imported the suppliers along with purchasing info record details in the main table.

But there are no material number also attached to this suppliers.

So can I take Purchse info record description as short description in main table and map the same to short description in OCI mapping.

Regards,

Poonam K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

You must have got the complete catalog items to be loaded in the MDM right? It should have short description associated with it. Material Number is not mandatory but Short description is must. I dont know whether you can use Purchasing info record as a short description but ideally you should get the details like Supplier, contract, Delivery time etc for every catalog item.

You can remove the error by adding any thing in Short description. The purpose is not to keep this field blank.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dear for your reply and solution..

Regards,

Poonam K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Poonam,

I'm facing the same problem, but there is only one thing I didn't understand:

How could you see this message: '00001 E BBPWS Product and description are missing"

Could you help me please?

Thank you

Rosemary Valente