cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update rules - Start routine- Hierarchy issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I am trying to read all the accounts in a hierarchy in update rule start routine. I need to use nested statements to get the bottom most nodes. But I can not use perform as start routine itself is a routine. I can not use nested include programs ( System gives syntax errors). Is there any workaround to get rid of this problem?

Thanks

Hareesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hareesh,

You can use FM RSNDI_SHIE_STRUCTURE_GET to read hierarchy into in internal table and from there you can do the processing.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen ,

I have one top node and there is a subnode below it. I know the name of main node and subnode. The subnode has multiple levels below it.I need to get the account which are at the bottom most level. Is this function useful for my requirement? I have developed code in a custom program. I am not able to use it in start routine as the code is in a subroutine?

Pls let me know if you have more info.

Thank you

Hareesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hareesh,

I think this FM will serve your purpose.

After executing it, you will get the hierarchy strcture in the internal table E_T_HIERSTRUC. You store it an internal table (say itab_hier). Then loop it with where condition like itab_hier-nodename = 'your nodename', the record returned will contain parentid. You can do vice versa like reading the internal table with parentid and getting nodename. It depends upon your requiremnt.

Hope it helps. Please assign points if you find this ingormation helpful.

Regards,

Praveen