Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equivalent WD method for file_open_dialog

Sesh_Sreenivas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the equivalent method in WD ABAP for cl_gui_frontend_services=>file_open_dialog (to specify the path of a file in a pop-up)?

I have a requirement wherein i want to specify the path in which a file will be saved in the local system. I call the method ATTACH_FILE_TO_RESPONSE to save a file, but it doest gives me a path as such.

Best Regards,

Seshadri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Both ATTACH_FILE_TO_RESPONSE and fileDownload are the recommended methods to trigger download to the frontend. They work a little differently than the old CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES becuase they are running within a browser and have to deal with a different security and interaction model for file downloads. With the ATTACH_FILE_TO_RESPONSE, the MIME type and the corresponding configuration on the client workstation control if the file gets the save dialog box or if it opens immediately.

The fileDownload UI element has a behaviour property that helps you to influence the way the download is handled on the client side.

The ACFUpDownload UI element is new in 7.01. However on that release level it won't help you with this requirement because it doesn't support a file dialog yet. That option won't be added until 7.02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the FILEUPLOAD/DOWNLOAD UI element for the same.

Or Check the UI element ACFEXECUTE / ACFUPDOWNLOAD in the latest versions.

check the WDR_TEST_EVENTS.

Regards,

Lekha.