cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to use BPM for sending the files in a serial manner to target.The scenario is File to IDOC.

Earlier i was using a java maping to convert the file to IDOC and it was working fine.

No i am finding it difficult to implement with BPM as i dont have any sourec Message interface(i didnt create as the file was IDOC flat file) and used the java mapping to read all the content and create the IDOC.

When i use bpm, the first step i.e receive ask to fill the message. but idont have any MT or DT.

i tried usign dummy names but it didnt work.

Regards,

Anika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all,

>

> I am trying to use BPM for sending the files in a serial manner to target.The scenario is File to IDOC.

> Earlier i was using a java maping to convert the file to IDOC and it was working fine.

>

> No i am finding it difficult to implement with BPM as i dont have any sourec Message interface(i didnt create as the file was IDOC flat file) and used the java mapping to read all the content and create the IDOC.

> When i use bpm, the first step i.e receive ask to fill the message. but idont have any MT or DT.

> i tried usign dummy names but it didnt work.

>

> Regards,

>

> Anika

you have to use a message interface (abstract) but you can give any dummy MT in the interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

As i mentioned earlier it is difficult to create a structure for the incomming file and if i use a create dumming DT and MT then the scenario will nt work because when the file is picked the file structure will not mathc the Dummy DT which i created.

i tried creating only MI and specified a summy name to MT, but it showed error while activation as is didnt find that associtated MT name which i mentioned.

Regards,

Anika

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

create a MT_Dummy (or something) and define a dummy structure for it.

use this in you MI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shabrish,

As you said i created Dummy MT with one field(DT ) say test. I doubt while picking it will surely throw error as the file i am picking and the structure will not match.

Regards,

Anika

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using a java mapping it ideally shouldnt.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create Service Interface of type Abstract asynchronous to use in the BPM steps. In your case in SI you select Idocs.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i tried usign dummy names but it didnt work.

It wont work....you need to create a MI (Abs Async)...then create a container variable in BPM...assign the MI to it and then assign it to the receiver/ send step...as for you case create a DT corresponding to the file and build the MI.....on the IDOC side use the IDOC in the MI and include it in the send step of the BPM

Regards,

Abhishek

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jun 2, 2009 2:02 PM