cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver determination based on FileName. Options?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can i find the reveicer based on the file name?

I know how to do it based on the element value in the OB message. What are the options?

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges,

If your file name is a part of message then you can do this. If it is not a part of Message then you can not do conditional Receicer Determination.

Inorder to get the file name in the message , use Adapter Specific Properties of the SP14 and above. and make the File name is a part of message.

For more~

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/26/5ccd3bb4560f01e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I am on sp14. Even if i select Adapter Specific Properties, I don't see the File Name field in the condition Editor of the receiver determination.

Do i need to create another interface with additional field to populate with the File Name by using java a code in the mapping?

Can you please elaborate more?

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges,

Once you use Adapter Specific Properties, you need to get that thru user defined functions in the Mapping.

Pls refer this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2664. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

As the Receiver Determination will be executed before the Mapping, you need to do condtional Mapping, so it is better to create one intermediate Interface, to get the File Name in the message.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges,

You have to first select Adapter specific attributes in sender communication channel.

Then in the condition editor of Receiver Determination choose Context object option button and choose standard filename Context object from the input help(?)icon at the right.This forms ur left operand and right operand u can specify the filename that u want to check.

Regards,

Sudharshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved my problem.Thank you Sudharshan.

I am testing now.

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have sp16 you can use new receiver det

which allows to specify receivers dynamically

based on the message content (so your filename for example)

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Regards,

michal