cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of ship-to party right before dispatch

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a client that consistently has to change the ship-to party right before dispatch. the client has customers that are dealers, who in turn have sub-dealers. the dealers very rarely accept shipment to their address, they want the delivery posted to the sub-dealers and this can change at the last minute. as of right now, the addresses for sub-dealers is not maintained by the client, but they would like to have this option. so, a 2 part question, do we have to maintain the addresses for the sub-dealers or can we use them as a one-time customer? and 2, how would be change the ship-to address last minute right before dispatch?

thanks a bunch!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

so, what would you recommend i do if i have to change ship-to party last minute after the delivery document is create but before dispatch? this is a very common occurrence for the client in the industry they're in. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so, what would you recommend i do if i have to change ship-to party last minute after the delivery document is create but before dispatch? this is a very common occurrence for the client in the industry they're in. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, i can change the ship-to party at the order level but not on the delivery document? it's greyed out? thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Astromar,

In delevery document, Ship to Party is header partner.... And with respect to this only the documents get prepared.,So its not possible to change the SH in delivery as this will violate the sales order item partner.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,it is not possible to change the ship-to-party at the delivery level.Because it is prepared for each ship-to-party in the sales order.All the changes you have to make right before delivery i.e. at the order level only.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i went into the order, and then item detail and then under the partners tab tried changing ship-to party but the field is non-editable? any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is order have subsequent delivery? if no and if u r following standard process it wont be grey....

check your partner determination process.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try with VA02 not with VA03.

Please check the partner determination procedure.Please go through my earlier post and check whether your partners are modifiable or not.If not make it as modifiable.

Check the highlighted one in my earlier post.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can change the ship-to-party at the sales order item level.

Goto VA02.

Enter your order number and then goto order item details.Partners tab.

The ship-to-party is in in editable mode.

For this small configuration is required.The path is:

SPRO>Sales and distribution>Basic functions>Partner determination>Set up Partner Determination.Select "Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Item".

check what is the partner detrmination procedure assigned to your item category.

Select the partner procedure.Click on Partner functions procdure.select SH and nonmodifiable should be unchecked.Mandatory should be ticked.

Maintain all the dealers and subdealers as partners and maintain master data for them.You can create as one time customer also as per your requirement.There is nothing wrong in it.

Enter the dealer number that you want here.If you double click on that number the address screen will be opened.It will be in editable mode if not remove the last digit from the number and enter the same.You will receive a message as redetrmine.Click on that.If you double click now then it will be in editable mode.Here you can change the address also.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Astromar,

If the sub dealers addresses are most frequently used then u can create those sub dealer as Ship to party Account group.

In the delivery document just change the ship to party where yu want to deliver the goods.

This will serve ur purpose i hope.

Thanks,

Raja