cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS possible to increases the exiting drive size which is in SAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we are facing problem of free space in Sap kennel drive .we have windows 2003 os

and oracle 9i. 2 node in SAN .

Is possible to increases the exiting drive size which is in SAN (G: dive size 100 add more 1000).

Please suggest

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. extend the logical volume in your SAN management tools.

2. logon as an administrator, open a command box and start diskpart.exe

3. in diskpart get a list of volumes (List vol)

4. select the volume which you want to extend (example: select vol 2)

5. extend the partition to use the complete disk space: (extend)

this procedure is not working for the boot disk.

regards

Peter

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the disk from basic to dynamic disk and add the space online. However, this can only be done on Windows 2003 if it's not the boot disk.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks all for you suggest .The requirement is I have to do client export but the is not much space in the drive there that why I need to add more space in drive where sap kernel is installed is there any caution has to be taken before adding space there .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are saying that you created a volume of 100 and assigned it to one of the server as G:drive and now you want to increase that, then i think it is not possible unless u delete it and create again in SAN.

There are 3rd party softwares available like partition magic, that can do it but through SAN, i think it is not possible.

Regards,

Kalpesh

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this can be done provided SAN team has slot for hot pluggin.

But SAP kernel takes only 600-700 MB, you can manage that space by some housekeeping also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course, it is possible.

The exact procedure to do it is completely specific to your specific environment.

I suggest that you contact your SAN support people.

Regards,

Olivier