cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI CMS transport with separate JDI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using a standalone server, on which only the JDI is running. Now we want to transport our XI developments with that JDI also.

Unfortunately, all how-to guides regarding CMS+XI assume that the JDI is installed on the XI system itself. How is it possible to use a separate server for the JDI?

The difficulty is currently that the UME actions (CBS.Administrator and so forth) and not available on the XI systems (where also no JDI is installed).

Thanks&Regards

Volker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

In order to use the JDI with XI (which are on two different hosts) all you need is that LSADMIN or CMSAdmin user should be present on all the XI system and on JDI server. It should also have the same password on all the systems.

On the XI system it should have sufficient rights to create objects in repository and directory whereas on the JDI server it should have the CMS Administrator and CBS Administrator.

Also it should have SLD authorizations which have been mentioned in the JDI Post Installation Guide.

Other than that you need to make the settings in the Exchange Profile of XI system to enable CMS transports in repository and directory.

Do let us know what else you are looking for.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I have set up everything according to your suggestions. The user CMSadm has the same password and the necessary authorizations on every system.

However, when generating a transport request, I'm getting the error which sound something like: Details: HTTP response "Unauthorized" from CMS server".

Any ideas?

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can solve this problem

Adding these lines in exchange profile of all the servers

com.sap.aii.repository.serviceuser.name.cms = XISUPER ( or a user that has authorization to send transport in integration builder)

com.sap.aii.repository.serviceuser.pwd.cms = ****

Create the XISUPER user in JDI box too with CMS.Administrator group having CMS.administrate actions.

And try sending it again using xisuper.

I hope it will solve your problem.