cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material should not be swapped in the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

My requirement is such that when I enter my main material in the sales order it should bring up the substitution material in the next line of the sales order but my main material should not be disappear.

Note:

Is there a way to achieve this functionality Please guide me if some one come across this kind of a situation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/90/758534c960a134e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Atul

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When the substituted material is not in the sales order as a line item...then what do you want to achive with this substitution. When discussing very unique requirements....you should explain the business process and the reason for this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANGKS,

You have to follow these steps :

1. Configure new substitution reason in OVRQ. As suggested select A in out come and starategy,

2. Assign these substitute reason in VB11 t-code for replacing the materials.

Thanks,

Raja

Edited by: Raja Singh Chhabeda on Jun 2, 2009 11:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OVRQ and assign "A" in outcome for the substitution reason you are using while creating the condition record in VB11.

Else just assign the substitution reason "0004" in the condition record.

This will definitely solve your purpose.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

create the condition record(VB11) with subtitution reason with 0002 and try, definately works.

Still ur facin the issue revert back.

Regards,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see my second message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Ur requirement is fulfilled in standard that system automatically shows the swapped material in the item level Sales A tab refer the field Material entered still if u want the swapped materail in the Additional data B there is need to write screen exit take help of abaper.

Regards,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the other consultants have pointed you to the right direction. we all recommend the standard approach to your requirement.

there is no standard feature to allow you to swap the entered material for a material entered in the Additional tabs. however, it is possible to show the substitute material with the entered material (the one being replaced) as a sub-item. how this is done is made possible by the "substitution reason", where we make many of the settings.

please do try going to tcode OVRQ. the settings you should focus on are for Strategy and Outcome. the standard entries will be self-explanatory.

also, please do note that you can find more detailed explanation in existing threads.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Thanks for your responses and your time.

As per you , material entered in the line item is displayed in Sales A tab and the substitute material is displayed on line item of sales order .

But i want main material still to be there on line item and substitute material should be displayed in Sales A tab.

Is this possible please let me know.

Thanks

ANGKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, again.

first, i have to correct myself... that it should be the Sales A tab instead of the Additional data tab.

now, directly to the issue... there is no standard setting for the entered material to stay in the sales tab while the substitute material is displayed as the entered material.

but i have to ask, why your client would want this?

regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is such that when I enter my main material in the sales order line item it should bring up the alternative material in my "additional data b" tab and place it in one of the fields .

Note: My main item should be still displayed on the line item.

Note: I tried with Material determination it is doing substitution or swapping my main material with the alterantive material which i do not want.

Is there a way to achieve this functionality. Please guide me if some one came across this kind of a situation.

Please give me the solution custom as well as standard if possible.

Thanks

ANGKS.