cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of ship-to party right before dispatch

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a client that consistently has to change the ship-to party right before dispatch. the client has customers that are dealers, who in turn have sub-dealers. the dealers very rarely accept shipment to their address, they want the delivery posted to the sub-dealers and this can change at the last minute. as of right now, the addresses for sub-dealers is not maintained by the client, but they would like to have this option. so, a 2 part question, do we have to maintain the addresses for the sub-dealers or can we use them as a one-time customer? and 2, how would be change the ship-to address last minute right before dispatch?

thanks a bunch!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

so, what would you recommend i do if i have to change ship-to party last minute after the delivery document is create but before dispatch? this is a very common occurrence for the client in the industry they're in. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what if the delivery document is already created and then i need to change ship-to party? this is a very common occurrence for the client in the industry they're in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope each dealer is maintained as a sold to party, then all the sub dealers are to be created and assigned to this dealer as ship to party's . This way you would have an option to select the choice of ship to party before dispatch.

Else you may also try text determination and put it in log of incompletion where you can populate a text box and can enter the ship to party address details, which can be printed on the delivery note.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

i went into the order, and then item detail and then under the partners tab tried changing ship-to party but the field is non-editable? any suggestions?

0 Kudos

Hi

Double Click on the Ship to Party customer, which will take you to the address screen. Then you can change the address.

Rgds,

0 Kudos

Hi Astro,

Option 1 - Since most of the Deliveries are shipped to the Sub Dealers, it is better to maintain Ship to Party Master Record for these Sub dealers and assign the same to the Sold to Party. Here, you have to justify the correct Ship to Party and maintain or change in Sales Order before the Delivery is created.

Option 2 - Maintain one single Ship to Party for all the Sub Dealers and you can change the address of the Ship to party as required at the last minute before goods issue.

Hope this will be helpful to u. let me know if anything.

Rgds,

Ravi.