cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probllem with the Period in Unit cost planning report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

After I did the Unit Cost planning, I checked the report S_ALR_87013533, system by default takes the Period as '1' i.e. April and not the current month '3' June, Is it a standard behaviour or I miss some settings ? I want the period to be the exact month when the Unit cost planning is executed. In WBS the dates are mentioned starting from June only.

Thanks in advance.

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check how the year started and ended in the controlling area. Is it started from April and ended on March or is it started on January and ended on December.

Hope this will help

Regards,

Uddhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari, Uddhab & Raghu for attempting to answer...

Closed.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinvidh,

As per SAP Standard Settings, Unit Costing is basically for cost estimation for a perticular fiscal year at WBS Level or you can use unit costing at cost activity level considering periods at activity level.

Even though you do WBS Cost Planning using Unit Costing method, you can plan for a Fiscal Year. In standard reports system will show you by default total plan value at the starting period as per the Fiscal varient set for a controlling Area. in your case Period April is considered as a 1st period as per the Fiscal Varient and system is showing total planned value in April month against that fiscal year. This is std sap functionality.

you can get Fiscal Year and Period wise planned cost using unitcosting at cost activity level in network costing.

Hope this will clear you....

Regards,

Hari Krishna.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari... is there any SAP Notes available to support this... I tried but could not find one..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinvid,

Thanks for awarding points for my reply...

I don't think SAP note can be applied to support the functional change for populating the planned costs at fiscal year level for Unit costing method. If you get any solution which conflicts my assumptions please share with me..

Regards,

Hari Krishna.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The unit costing data is distributed across the duration of activity based on the distribution key you define. If you do not select any distribution key, the costs are distributed across the Earliest start dates of the activity for the entire duration. When you drill down the report based on period/year, the distribution is shown accordingly.

To see your plan values in June, you should check for the dtaes of the activity and also the scheduling. In case it tkes current day scheduling, the start dates are automatically defaulted to current dates and your cost distribution strats from June only.

Regards,

Raghu Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

here the question is Unit costing at WBS Level !!!

Hope you understood now !!

regards,

hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The periods are defined in controlling and defaulted to the all cost related reports. If you want a report in particular period you have to select the date using dynamic selection ( Data on dates definition).

Please check and reply

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

thanks for your suggestion but the problem i am facing is different. When i execute the said report and choose Period/Year option, by default system shows the planning done is for april though I have done it in june.. why it is taking the default month as april as the unit cost planning i have done is only by selecting a period - 2009 and not the month ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinvidh

I have also checked in my system , the system is showing the period/Year wise only. You can create one more project with diffrent period and try again.

Thanks

S.Murali