Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few issues after applying SP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We got a few issues after SP7, like for example:

- short dumps when running an attribute change run

- short dumps when loading data with DTPs (when an info source exist)

- a few other minor ones

I haven't found any note to our problems yet (opened OSS tickets).

Does anybody else experience all these issues?

Any input appreciated

Thanks

Ioan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ioan,

I would appreciate a detailed list of your problem via EMail.

In general, the approach with the OSS tickets should provide you with a solution soon.

Cheers

SAP NetWeaver 2004s Ramp-Up BI Back Office Team

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas

Good news - a solution was found for most of my problems. I am posting them here --> it may help other people

1) Error message RSTRAN510 when activating a transformation

--> got this because I forgot to map the units (by default the system doesn't do it when you create the transformation). Now, it would be nice to have an error message more explicit than RSTRAN510!

2) Short dump when loading data into a cube

--> got this because the units did not exist in BW (loaded data from a text file for example). The error stack had the precise error message description, but not the DTP - in addition to 2 short dumps - this is why I was confused. Again, not a bug, but a nicer error message would be neat.

3) Last pending problem --> MESSAGE_TYPE_X when attribute change run

OSS is helping me right now. But again, this is not blocking - master data can be activated manually and it doesn't short dump on all info objects.

Thank you for your answer and congratulations for NW2004s, I really enjoy using it!

Ioan

former_member192700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ioan,

good job.

If you'd like we still appreciate a list of the issues (oustanding and solved ones).

Cheers

SAP NetWeaver 2004s Ramp-Up BI Back Office Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas

Here is the summary:

1) Not a bug, but a more explicit error message would be nice

--> not a bug, solved

2) Same as (1)

--> not a bug, solved

3) Implementing note 938094 fixed the problem (**Big fat warning** - if anynbody applies this note - in addition to applying the note in SNOTE, there is also a ZIP attachment to apply)

--> solved

4) I haven't even logged this one to OSS: once in a while, when i start a DTP, I get a runtime error (ASSIGN_TYPE_CONFLICT). There is an OSS note for this problem, but it doesn't apply to SP7. It is not huge, because if you recompile the DTP & the transformation, the error goes away

5) As far as I have tested, SP7 definetly fixed lots of issues with the analyzer, I am very happy about it

This is it I think!

I hope this helps

Ioan

PS: If you need to contact me directly, my e-mail is ioan123@yahoo.fr (I don't know yours)