cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle counting issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the issue with doing write off LI21 ,while doing the write off it is giving an error message that material doc does not exists .And when i am doing the CC process again ,while printing the CC doc it say default values for storage type not maintained.

Thanks In advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Frankly, the material document will be posted only if you are able to clear the difference in IM (LP21) , so im little confused as to why you should be getting this error while writing off.

( Gurus, please correct me here if this is incorrect ) . can you please tell the steps that you are carrying out?

As for default storage type values you can configure those in SPRO> LE> WM--> Activities > Physical Inventory> Define Default values.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhijit let me give you the whole pic of this issue

In LS26 -

> 914 has - 2 ( No unconfirmed TO )

-

> 999 has 4 (Which was moved due to Cycle Counting write off)

So the material available in stock is 2 .There is no unconfirmed TO for this .As the quantity is showing negative 2 in 914 bin.."

So i did a LT01 -

>put the source(from where the material is moved initially ) and destination bin so it balance the quantity i.e -2 ,+2 .

I mention storage type 999 as source, because there where the stock. is

After transferred the 2 , then i still have 2 in 999 storage type.

then executed LI21 to clear the difference with inventory management and this point i got this error meesage that no document exists.So i tried to run the cc process again from Li01 and at the point of printing the CC document i got this storage type error.

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe that your issue is due to the fact that you had 4 moved in 999 ( as 1 entry due to write off) and you have already split that by moving a partial quantity out of it.

So if you see what the system is thinking is --- you brought over 4 after Li20 ( clearing WM ) , and for this material if you have cleared this 4 , it would have correctly reduced the IM quantity of 4 and thus the IM WM stock would have reconciled.

Now when you do LI21, the system wants to clear the quantity of 4 , it only sees 2 too there, i think thats the issue.

by the way 999 doesnt have "stock", it a placeholder for you to know & record the differences that you physically found . Im not sure that doing LT01 out of 999 would be recommended.

For the other error are you carrying out the CC on the same storage type? is it 999 ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this count is on same 999 .There are two pieces in 999 right now .Initially it was 4 .while doing the LT01 2 pieces were moved to 914 bin and now while doing the CC this storage type error is populating.So what should i do now in order to clear those 2 pieces remaining in 999 bin stock.?

Also i had one more issue

We tried moving 4 pieces of material A from Plant X to Plant Y using a MB1B 311Q movement type. The issue out of stock worked fine but we canu2019t get the material back on hand here in Plant Y using a MB1B 301Q or 301 without the Q. . Is there another way of receiving them or do we need to back out the original issue and start over?

Thanks in Advance

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ok. you shouldn't be doing the CC on 999. Its not a physical bin per say and it has only differences in the stock qty that needs to reconciled in the system. This is incorrect.

But now that you have already moved partial differences posted in the system to 914, I would suggest that you first carry out a physical inventory of the part on the floor and if the stock situation matches except 999 ( your difference bin which should have been 4) , then i guess please create a OSS note for SAP and ask them to correct the situation for you.

For your second issue, are you sure that you used 311 ? 311 is for transfer within a plant and 301 is for transfer plant to plant. have you checked the stock ,has the stock increased in plant y ? maybe you can reverse and try with 301 correctly again.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Physical inventory on floor .You mean 914 bin from where we issue material to production order ?

Answers (0)