cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Planning Area BPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am presently working on a project on BPS.

and i am a beginner in this area. I need to extract the difference betweeen a key figure from one cube vs the other one, leaving it in a third infocube.

To do that, I define 3 planing areas based on infocubes as follows

1. Basic InfoCube whit charactheristic A, B, C and Month, KeyFigure X in Planning Area 1

2. Basic InfoCube whit charactheristic D,E, F and Month, KeyFigure Y in Planning Area 2

There is a correspondence between caharacteristics A/D, B/E and C/F

3. Transaccional InfoCube where the result must be stored with characteristics A, B and C, and Key figures X,Y and Z (X-Y). in Planning Area 3

Then I create a MultiPlanning Area including Planning Areas 1,2 y 3. A Fox FORMULA to calculate de difference in the infocube 3.

I'm not able to match data between Planning Area 1 and 2. Results shows me data from just one planning area and # for the second one.

Can anyone please help me, in finding out what is wrong or give me a step to step procedure to do this?

Any kind of help will be appreciated

Thanks

CPCA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear CPCA,

1) # in display usually means: No matching data found.

In this case: verify the corresponding values between

A/D, B/E, C/F.

2) First try with your 2 input planning areas and see

if you can "match the key fields" and display data

as you would like to see.

3) If "the matching" works, then add the output

planning area, FOX and output values...

Good luck, BB

Former Member
0 Kudos

but i don`t know to make the "match the key fields", I believe that I must make something additional to guarantee match into Planning 1 and Planning 2, but not where to do it

You can help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claudia,

It would help us better understand your problem if you can put forward your FOX code so we can see any problem with FOX coding.

FYI: try to put a break-point & see what all data FOX is reading. This will help you understand if data from 2nd Planning Area is being read properly or not.

hope it helps.

Hari Immadi

http://immadi.com

SEM BW Analyst