cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS 6.40 Sneak Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have WAS 6.40 Sneak Preview and I defined a datasource and connection pool. The database is MS SQL 2000.

With Visual Administrator, in Monitoring tab, I see

"Coonection for MyDataSource:(green:free;red:used)" and green grid. Now I go to the DB Initialization and added a SQL statement. When execute this statement I get a error

"java.rmi.RemoteException: com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseRemoteException: SQL Statement(s) cannot be executed over DataSource "MyDataSource".

"

Now, my DS working ? or no ? If make manually DB initialization, then the datasource will working ?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should check if your database is working. There should be a hint also in the details of the error message that you get about the reason of the error.

Zornitsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your quickly feedback. I am sure, my database it's working. In the same time on this database rules a portal application

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should check what the details of the error message are - there should be a hint about the reason for the error.

Is it the same datasource that the portal uses or you have defined a new one? If it is a new one, you should check the SQL Engine settings in the Additional tab - you should set either Native or Vendor SQL.

Zornitsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Zornitsa, I checked the SQL Engine and set it to Native SQL, now working !

Answers (0)