cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will .Net kill Java?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this is the right forum, but according to the .Net gurus, Windows won't be able to run Java in the future since Microsoft will center 100% on .Net as their strategic platform in a couple of years. What is the implication for SAP? Since Java seems to be the main focus in Walldorf these days, are we running full steam into a dead end here?

Trond

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say .NET and Java would happily live together in the future. And SAP pays attention to interop as far as I know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think both - neither Microsoft nor SUN - are going to abandon their recent agreement. To visit the SUN point of view goto:

http://developers.sun.com/foryourbusiness/sun-msft/

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Trond,

be sure we will take care that there is no dead end we are sending our customers in. We are supporting .NET as well as several other technologies in our strategy.

Due to the nature of Java I really would wonder how they want to achieve this. Additionally our own technology (ABAP) is also running on a virtual machine and surely will not be rewritten for .NET nor for Java.

I'm sure Microsoft will not force their customers running R/3 to switch to Unix, because they don't support compilers/VM's any more.

Regards,

Benny