cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i make my columns from repeating the same name againd and again

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a BW query and when i display the report, all my values are " DISPLAY Suppressed" , in my results i see is the user name once, the report used 1 by all the diiferent times the user used that report. I also have Display result on Time.

when i tro to do the same in VC. the user name is repeated, the report name is repeated as well and the result is showing up as entry instead of Result line.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep for the insight, i will try to do that .

thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you want only result row to get displayed? If yes then

Use filter operator before the output table. In that in the user name field use 'result*' & then join that to the input of the table. Else explain your requirement in more detail.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do want the result row to show but i also want non repetition for user id and report name.

as when i run my report the user id gets repeated as many times, i just want the user id to show up once,

for .eg

if user A used report B C D and time to pull up records

the reports is showing

A B 2

A B 4

A B 3

A B 2

A C 1

i want it to show

A B 2

Result 11

C 1

vice versa

any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you Mentioned, you have three fields - User Name , Report Name (B,C,D) & Number.

Try as below -

1. IN BEx Query get these 3 fields as you want & add one more field after the Report Name. (This third field is just for filter purpose & to show the total as you want. This can be any field other than first 2)

2. For user name & Report Name supress result row & show the result for Next field after Result row

3. IN VC Model use filter After the Data service. In filter go to that third field & then add 'result*' (If you want to display details as well as result row then dont use filter)

4. By doing this you will get only result row for this field which is nothing but the total aggregated at report name level.

5. After doing this join this filter to Table & Show only three fields User Name,Report Name,& Number.

6. you will get required result.

As per your Example only you will get following output -

A B 11

A C 1

If you dont use filter you will get result as well as result rows as well.

If you have any doubts please let me know but this will work.

Regards

Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Patki on Jun 2, 2009 6:23 AM

Edited by: Sandeep Patki on Jun 2, 2009 11:03 AM

Edited by: Sandeep Patki on Jun 2, 2009 11:04 AM

Edited by: Sandeep Patki on Jun 2, 2009 11:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip but its not the result i am very interested in , its the repetition of rows of user id and report name rpeating, see my example in the above post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That is not possible in VC. You can try one thing, split the table into two & create like drilldown. Just show one column (say - User name) & pass output to the same query & show rest of the things in the next table. But again it will work like drill down & not as per the way you are saying.

Regards

Sandeep