cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the Solution Manager to Unicode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a no-Unicode Solution Manager... to make this system Unicode I need to re-install the system again or I can do this with some process or notes?

Thanks for the help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ps0907
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You would have to perform a Unicode migration, which essentially involves an uninstall and reinstall of the SAP instance. If you do not have any data that you want to retain, it would be easier to just uninstall the existing instance and install again as Unicode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for ur help!!

Yes, I don't have there important data to retain so, is easy to me unistall the system... but is the first time that I will uninstall and install the system in Unicode... Do u have some documentation or notes or pre-requesites that I need to follow to do that?

Thanks again!

ps0907
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The best resource for these procedures is http://service.sap.com/instguides. Every installation guide normally has a section near the end that describes the uninstall procedure. In a Windows environment, it is done through Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs. In a Unix environment, it is done using SAPINST.

The difference between Unicode and non-unicode during the installation is the check box that appears during the parameter entry. By default, it is normally checked to indicate that this will be a Unicode installation.

Answers (0)