cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catching errors in Web Dynpro for Java when thrown from RFC Raise Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Developers,

I'm looking for information that explains how a Web Dynpro for Java application responds and processes errors that are thrown from a Raise Exception event within an RFC.

The Exceptions do not appear to be part of the Model and I can't identify how they get processed.

When rfc HRXSS_CAT_WD_RECORD raises exception PERNR_NOT_LOCKED this exception is passed back to the calling webdynpro CAT DC that displays the exception on the web page along with the log.

I would like to display a friendlier message and without the log. Any information on how to customize the handling of this error would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Terry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

[see here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.highlightedcontent?documenturi=%2flibrary%2fuser-interface-technology%2fwdJava%2FHowtoHandleExceptionsEffectivelyWhileWorkingwithWebDynproJava%28WDJ%29.pdf]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help. Since I'm not a Java developer, the link you provided will be added to my library of helpful information.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the Catch statement that is handling the error.

I now need to determine why the application throws another error when I remove the raiseException within the Catch statement.