cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Calibrator 4.0 query around Simulations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

We have had a query from one of our sites where they have asked whether is it possible within CC 4.0 to run a simulation on a user where you are removing a role and assigning a different role to that user. From the top of my head I can't think of a way around it believe you can only do one or the other not both at the same time.

My 2 questions are is this possible in CC 4.0 and if not are you aware if this issue has been addressed in the further release of Risk Analysis & Simulation 5.x

Regards

Nathan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

This doesn't seem to work. I've ran the simulation as suggested and the role which should be being removed that is causing violations is still showing in the simulation results even if it is added to the Not Equal Value and the role I wish to add is added too.

Thanks

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nathan,

Sorry I tried to edit my previous post but overwrote it with a .. The best way to simulate in this case is to do a combined Analysis, note this is not a simulation on a user but we will do the combined analysis for the roles, follow these steps:

1. get all the roles assigned to the user whom you want to run the simulation on

2. On the main CC screen select the Role/Profile based analysis and select the Combined analysis.

3. select the multiple selection button for the roles and enter the roles assigned to the user+ the roles you want to add on the single values (Green) tab

4. Enter the role names that you want to delete from the user on the single values (Red) .

5. Run the report.

This will give the expected results.

The only downside with this approach is it will not show the userid on the output screen, but I think we can live with that.

- Naveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

Thank you for that now you mentioned the Combined Analysis the idea clicked in my head as well I just couldn't think.

Thanks for your help

Nathan