cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to a Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.4.0 using SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Experts.

I'm trying to connect to an oracle database using SAP PI 7.1. I use the following parameters in the JDBC adapter:

JDBC Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Connection: jdbc:oracle:thin:@server:port:Database.

username: valid

password: valid

I however get the following error when I test the scenario:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@server:port:database' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: SQLException: ORA-01010: invalid OCI operation '

I investigated this error and all forums explain that the ORA_ENCRYPT_LOGIN must be set to false or DBLINK_ENCRYPT_LOGIN must be set to FALSE. We checked these parameters on the oracle environment and it is set correctly.

Can anyone please assist. I have a suspicion that the JDBC drivers in PI 7.1 is not compatible with Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.4.0.

Can anyone please advise what I need to do to get this error fixed.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kgolane,

That is the issue frnd..!!!!

Let me send u the relevant SAP Notes.

Note 831162 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 JDBC Adapter

SAP itself don't have solutions for this as this is the issue at RDBMS level.

SAP is an application running on/using RDBMS .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kgolane,

Refer this thread !!!

http://www.dbforums.com/oracle/1070574-oracle-8i-client-connected-oracle-9-rdbms.html

definitely not related to SAP XI but related to oracle's connectivity issue while using oracle 7.0 as database and newer versions of oracle as client.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kgolane,

First thing first !!

Let us know which RDBMS your XI box is using if oracle which version of oracle !!!

Interestingly oracle itself doesn't support connectivity of oracle 7.0 from oracle 9.0 client onward .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Thanks for the speedy response.

We are using ORACLE release 10.2.0.4.0.