cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI DB size growing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem in the XI DB (MAXDB), the size of the DB is growing tremendously in the recent days despite of running the schedule deletion and archiving successfully.

Can anyone suggest me to how to check the growing tables ??

Regards,

Senpai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

To get an overview over the situation in your persistence layer, run report RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS. Anyways I think you might review your reorganization strategy if your DB is growing continuosly. Please refer to the following SAP Note "706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably" as well as to the Note "872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in XI 3.0 / PI 7.0".

Regards

Rudolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to Note 872388, Question 7 on how to reduce the messages in XI_AF_MSG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

Only Succesful and canceld messages are archived, so if you have a lot of messages in error, they would sit in the DB. So you might want to ask your monitoring guys to check that and if needed, cancel the messages in error so that they can be archieved.

cheers

danus

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure logging is not set to high

optimum value is Category: Logging Parameter:Trace_Level Value:1

also refer sap note: 648753 & 872388

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayakumar,

Thanks for the reply I had checked the note 872388 and it's properly maintained accordingly with this note.

Can you suggest me other options which might caused to increase the DB size Since it is not affected

by the scheduled archiving and deletion.

Regards,

senpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senpai

What are the current values for your Deletion parameters?

Depending on your retention requirements, possibly you could decrease the number of days.

It might also help to check the u2018top n growing tablesu2019 in DB02.

Hope this helps.

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PJ,

When we check using DB02 it shows from the ABAP schema if I am not wrong, How can we check the growing tables in the JAVA schema which are mainly use by the adapter engine.

reagards,

senpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senpai

I believe you can get the table size from the db level (may have to script it for top n).

Otherwise, try this:

What you see by default in DB50 is only the size of the ABAP part, the Java part is not included there.

You can try the following:

- DB59

- Add you J2EE schema (SAP<SID>DB)

- execute program RSADAT6M

I canu2019t get the thread number for some reason, but the title posting is u201CChecking the size of EVERY MaxDB tableu201D

There may also be good information here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/maxdb/main

Hope this helps!

PJ

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the DB size is growing beyond control and is leaving no space for other scenarios to run then you can consider the option of Disabling the Logging / Tracing.....

WARNING: this will disable the logging for all the XI message processing.....

check this link for more info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d6/49543b1e49bc1fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jun 2, 2009 8:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have found the table which is giving the trouble,

Its XI_AF_MSG table which is consuming about 47-48 GB of space. So any suggestion how can I fix this problem

Regards,

Sen

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
XI Message Persistence
Asynchronous messages are persisted during Adapter Framework inbound or outbound processing. You must keep in mind that the XI message table XI_AF_MSG will grow according to the message throughput. This needs to be observed to prevent table overflows, especially in databases using storage parameters (Oracle, DB2). To estimate how much storage is required, multiply the maximum number of messages to be kept in the database by the average message size and add 20% as a safety margin.

the above is from the XI tuning guide

Also i suggest you go through the following notes:

1246809 & 892394

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have found the table which is giving the trouble, 
Its XI_AF_MSG table which is consuming about 47-48 GB of space. So any suggestion how can I fix this problem

you can check for the possibility of performing Archiving and deletion activity on this table:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f5/d347ddec72274ca2abb0d7682c800b/frameset.htm

From the above link:
The following table represents the persistence layer of the Adapter Engine, which means that it stores incoming and outgoing messages.
u25CF     XI_AF_MSG
A full archiving solution is provided for this table. For more information, see Background Processing

For Background Processing:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/05/b1b740f83db533e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.