cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Services: how it works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SOA. I have read few documents on SOA. But I still have few doubts. I am still not sure how the services work in background. To be more clear, like Idocs have process codes which had function modules to post document, does the enterprise service also post relevant documents in SAP? are there any documents explaning consumption of services in ECC?

Regards,

Sreehari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In layman term: ECC systems Enterprise Services are also ABAP classes which either call methods or function module.

SOA framework on ECC system make it possible to establish connection between ECC system and outer world.

If you run transaction SPROXY on backend system you can see Enterprise services and proxy-class implemented behind service.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos
SOA framework on ECC system make it possible to establish connection between ECC system and outer world.

If my understanding is correct, SOA framework might as well replace the use of Idocs in times to come.

The only thing that needs to be checked is the flexibility of these services considering IDocs give us the option of enhancement. Please rectify if I am wrong.

Many thanks,

Sreehari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Flexibility is selling point for SOA. Yes you can enhance existing service or create new one as and when required.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abhishek,

I will go through to this document. and in case there is anything, I shall get back.

Regards,

Sreehari