Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to trigger a function whenever we highlight the value in output table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am having a doubt in webdynpro abap.

The requirement is, after getting output for the header records, to get the Item records and schedule line details, the customer want to use keyboard( after activating the screen for the first time by a click with mouse) instead of mouse.

To get the item details and schedule line details by using mouse, we can use supply functions.

But in this requirement, the customer want both the functionalities.

I hope you understand the requirement.

Please let me know if you didn't understand the requirement.

Plz help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Jung,

Thanks a lot for your promt reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Jung,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Sorry for the delay in rewarding the points. Today I have rewarded points.

As per your reply, it is not possible to use arrow keys for selecting the the records(there by triggering the function).

Still it is my client requirement.

Is it possible in Webdynpro Java?

Is there any other way of finding the solution for this issue?

Please help me out in this.

Thanks in advance.

Srinivas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Is it possible in Webdynpro Java?

I don't believe so, but that would really be a question for the Web Dynpro Java Forum. However there are very few differences between the output rendering of Web Dynpro ABAP and Java. They share the same rendering libraries that we call the Unified Renderer. Therefore the way the table should render in respect to accpeting keyboard input for selection navigation should be the same.

>Is there any other way of finding the solution for this issue?

It simply isn't supported by the rendering of Web Dynpro. I'm not sure what else I could tell you to help out. You can use Tab and Enter on the keyboard to change the lead selection in the table - so the interaction is keyboard enabled for accessibility reasons - but it doesn't use the arrow keys as you would like.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

The same functionality of "Triggering a function with key board arrow keys" is already there by using Visual Composer. The customer is asking the same functionality in WD ABAP also.

Let me explain the requirement once again for your understanding.

In a layout 3 tables are there for header, item and schedule line data respectively.

When we run the application, we will get the Header records into the first table.

Now based upon the particular header record selection(like interactive functionality), we will get the Item records and the schedule line records in the second and third tables.

Now to select the next header record and there by to get relevant item and schedule line records, instead of using MOUSE, I want to use ARROW (UP and DOWN) keys from the key board.

So it means that, whenever I highlight a particular header record from the header table using arrow keys, I want to trigger a function to get the relevant Item and Schedule line records.

I hope you got what I want to say.

Thanks for your patience to read such a long explanation.

I hope you suggest some solution or Idea.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As stated already, there is nothing in the framework that allows you to map the arrow keys in Web Dynpro. However I tested and I can change the lead selection using just the keyboard. You have use tab or the arrow keys to position the cursor on the lead selection block of the row you want and then press Enter. This will produce the server side change of lead selection event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply,

Here I am using TABLE UI element to display the HEADER records and want to use key board arrow keys to highlight the records/intries in the table there by expecting Item records.

Please let me know that how to hotkey concept for the TABLE UI element and how to assign it to arrow keys.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The arrow keys are not available as mappable hotkeys. For more information on hotkeys see this help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/b951297a6d2d65e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks for your reply,

Basically it is indent report.

It is similar/same as interactive report.

To get the interactive funtionality, he want to use key board arrow keys instead of using mouse.

In detail:

Instead of using mouse to select and click on a particular header record to get the relevent item records, the customer want to use key board arrow keys.

By key board arrow keys, while we are moving up/down, whenever the record is highlighted, then the item records have to be displayed.

I hope you got it now.

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the latest versions you can give the HOTKEYS to the UI elements, For the click also you can specify the Hot Keys. What is the UI element you are using.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some text about HotKeys:

A hotkey is a combination of keyboard keys that is assigned to a UI element via the

property hotkey. If the user triggers this keyboard command, the UI elementu2019s only

client-side event is fired. Thus, using the hotkey and left mouse-clicking on the UI

element are functionally identical.

Hotkeys may be assigned to the following UI elements:

u2022 Buttons (Button and ToolBarButton)

u2022 Links (LinkToAction, LinkToURL, ToolBarLinkToAction, and

ToolBarLinkToURL)

u2022 Menu items (MenuActionItem)

The following key combinations may serve as hotkeys:

u2022 CTRL + 1 ... CTRL + 9

u2022 CTRL + F1 ... CTRL + F12

u2022 CTRL + A ... CTRL + Z

u2022 CTRL + SHIFT + F1 ... CTRL + SHIFT + F12:

Caution: Note that additional browser programs such as HTTPWatch in

Internet Explorer can also use and, perhaps, block hotkeys. This depends on

the Web Dynpro ABAP framework control. If you use the SAP NetWeaver

Business Client, this problem is not relevant.

Visualization: If a hotkey is assigned to a UI element, the hotkey is automatically

appended to the elementu2019s tool tip. If a hotkey is assigned to a MenuActionItem UI

element, the hotkey is automatically added to the itemu2019s text.

Hotkey handlers: All container elements and the Table UI element can serve as

hotkey handlers by setting the containeru2019s property handleHotkeys to ABAP_TRUE. In

this case, all hotkeys defined in the hotkey handler can only be triggered if the focus

is on any element that is a subelement of the hotkey handler. If the focus is on any

other UI element (outside the area defined by hotkey handler), pressing the same

hotkey combination triggers no action or triggers an action that belongs to another UI

element. By default, the entire pane is a hotkey handler.

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you be more clear.

Regards,

Lekha.