cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity type in time sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In PS we donu2019t capture any cost. In such case, While entering timesheet, the system through an error message, to enter sender Activity type and it is not allowing to enter timesheet.

Now, what should be done to skip entering activity type and enter timesheet without entering activity type?

I guess it is controlled through work center, by not maintaining costing tab, but the system does not allow to save the work center without entering the cost center under costing tab.

Please suggest, in entering time sheet without activity type

Thanks,

Chandru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

'Hide' activity type field in CAC2 in your Data entry profile.

Regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mrinal,

I have tried it but still i get the error message to maintain Sender activity type.

I have created an dummy activity type without and cost associated to it. Is this the right procedure?

Thanks,

Chandru

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

That is an work around .

Check

the field settings of activity type , work and work center in activity

any validation in any user of CATS

Regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to --> SPRO --> Cross Application Components --> Time Sheet --> Settings for all User Interfaces --> Time Recording --> Choose Fields -->Data Entry section --> Activity types

Double click and in reference to data entry profiles we can restrict the entry for the activity type whether it is required / Display / Hide / Input.

Check and confirm whether the problem is solved

Regards,

Selva

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a controk key with costing unchecked ,maintain that control key for these activities

enter time for those activities,then it will not post any cost in PS for time entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me explain,

We donu2019t want to capture any cost in PS. time sheet(Cat2) requires sender activity type to be entered while entering time data against the Network activity.

My questions is, what should be done for not entering activity type while entering time sheet.

I guess it is not related to field setting, instead there should be another way to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Chandru