cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal viewer and ActiveX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!

I have a problem that i cant seem to be able to solve. I had alot of help from the forum but i think i got everything mixtup now...

From my addon i can print with CrystalReport Viewer or i can print a Crystal report directly to my default printer, so thats good and working well. The problem is with Crystal Viewer that drags on the SBO screen and stays on the task bar.

It is strongly recommended to use an Activex to display my Crystal Viewer report. I tried so many differrent ways allways ending up with class id errors, or specified cast not valid.

My report is called c:\report.rpt

My Working CrystalViewer form is called 'frmCRV'

Can some one help me thru this last step... I tried with the Activex sample in SDK but i think i dont have to use the Tree function ??? am i right ?? anyway i'm lost with all this

I'm running on SBO 2005 SP1 PL3

Crystal Report .net V10 and .net for code.

Thanks you all for your patience.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

We use to have some similar problem. What we have done is really simple and it works.

Try making 2 sendkeys of Ctrl + M . As you know, this is the shortcut for minimize all the forms in windows. If you do it 2 times, last active form gets activated back. Well, if you do it after calling the form with the active X , the active X form will be activated.

Try it if it works for you too.

Hope helps,

Ibai Peña

Sorry, I mixed your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

But it doesnt work for my situation. Maybe i will use it when i finnaly am able to load my report in an activex form. Do you think you could help ??

Do you know why i get those errors ?

Thanks Ibai,

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you know I am running with CR XI Developer rather than Version 10, but I think the assignments should be similar. It is essential that you match the classid property in the B1 activex object with any object declaration used inside your project to point to the Object property.

My B1 ActiveX object ("AZU_CRV") has a classid="<b>CrystalReports11.ActiveXReportViewer.1</b>"

Code to assign report to activex

Private WithEvents objViewer As <b>CrystalActiveXReportViewerLib11.CrystalActiveXReportViewer</b>
Private objReport As New CRAXDRT.Report

Set objViewer = sboForm.Items("AZU_CRV").Specific.Object
objViewer.ReportSource = objReport
objViewer.ViewReport

I have quite a few references to Crystal Libraries as I use other functionality as well (like integrating it to create word / excel documents from the B1 toolbar). The first two are essential.

Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Run Time Library 11.0 (craxdrt.dll)
Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Library 11.0 (crviewer.dll)
Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Export Library 11.0 (sviewhlp.dll)
Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Web Report Source Library 11.0 (swebrs.dll)
Crystal Reports Common Object Model Library 11.0 (commonobjmodel.dll)
Crystal Reports Controllers Library 11.0 (RptControllers.dll)

Hope this helps,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot John,

Back to the drawing board !!!!

Alain

Answers (0)