cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apply restriction in the universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some difficulty when applying restriction on objects in the universe.

I don't want a user to use an object when he creates a new report using WebI. But I allow him to view a report that used that object. Is it possible?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both. I will study the suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can Restrict the object by going to object properties and there in advanced tab you will have security access level, there you can specify the access level for that object. so that only users in that particular access level have access to it. Based on that access level it depends.

Also you can restrict particular object in that universe by Going to Tools-Manage Security- manage access restrictions and there create new restriction and then you will have object tab over there, so you can restrict any object in that universe so it cannot be accessed.

Thanks,

SK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathon,

If I understand you correctly you want the restrictions to be applied only in certain cases. So you want the user to be able to see reports with the object present but not be able to create reports. I don't think this can be done with access restrictions as it is an either has access or has no access option.

To do this I think you will need 2 universes, one which they have view access which contains the object and the other which has the restriction on the data which they can create/edit. These 2 would be linked universes.

Regards

Alan