cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug IPC using NetWeaver Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anybody know how can I debug my local IPC using NetWeaver studio? I tried to launch dispatcher.bat or server.bat from NetWeaver but gives out the error.

I would really appreciate any inputs.

Thanks,

JC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's ok, Xavier. I appreciate your inputs.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

I am not sure what you want to do. But anyway IPC is a configuration engine written in JAVA. To start IPC you would need to make certain settings using the admin application and run the IPC dispatcher(dispatcher.bat) and IPC server(server.bat) which inturn connects to the CRM using the settings made using the admin application. CRM makes a call to IPC using RFC whenever needed. In case you need to debug it you can debug it like any other java application.

Hope I answered your question.

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Satya. I am able to debug my PricingUserExits.java by attaching the process to the server.bat. I also need to modify server.bat to include debug mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for your reply. I'm new to IPC so I'm not sure if I understand this correctly. But IPC is a server and I need to run the two java class file (ie., JavaServer and Dispatcher) to make the server run and I can connect to CRM that way. In order to create a main method in my userexit java file wouldn't do me any good, would it? Because how would it connect to CRM and get invoked by CRM then?

Please let me know if this makes any sense.

Thanks,

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I thought you wanted to test only the content of the java file but not connected to CRM.

For your case, i'm afraid i can not help you since i'm also not an expert in IPC.

Sorry if i misunderstood what you wanted to do.

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I'm using CRM 4.0.

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Jamie, did my post helped you ? Do you see what i mean ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Are u using CRM 40 or 50?

Regards,

Vivek

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, what exactly do you want to do ? I suppose that your IPC application is not meant to be run locally, so if you want to do this, you will need to create a new Java Class that can be run locally (so it needs to be a class that have the "public static void main(String[] args)" method in it). For more info, see Sun web site.

Then you should be able to call the different methods of the IPC application.

And to debug, you need to go to the Debug perspective, and create a new debug session for your application and place some breakpoint where needed.

Hope this helps,

Xavier