cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material division in Intercompany STO Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have Intercompany STO scenario with Billing.However when we create an Invoice with the delivery created for an intercompany Purchase order the division in the line item of the invoice shows 00( cross division) and not the division of the material from the material master.

When we do a billing( with refernce to a delivery) for a regular Sales order the division in the billing document line item shows the corresponding one in the material master.We have different Billing type for Intercompany STO and Sales order.

Kindly let me know if i am missing some configuration or if i can achieve this only using custom exit.

Regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cross selling division 00 comes of this config assign path...

>IMG - SD - Billing - Intercompany Billing - Assign org unit to plant - Supplying plant to Receiving sales area

Though the thread is a bit old, I hope it will help someone in future...

Thanks & Regards,

Gokul

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

This Division of STO comes from the Inter company customer(Your plant which has been created as a customer) as this is a delivery to the other company code , This would be of Cross Division or Inter company division.Where as If you take sales order(This also comes from the customer), this may be different becuase your delivering to the external customer.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do follow the concept of cross division, all the customer intercompany(plants created as customers) or the regular customers are all created for cross divisions.

In the invoicing for a regular customer the Division from the Material master is copied on to the invoice line items,But this does not happen for Intercompany invoices as all the material shows cross division although the division in the material master is different.

Regards,

Ajay

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

To get the Item Level Division in the sales order we have to check Item Dbision check box in the Sales document type maintenance.This would result in the division of the Item in a sales order to come from the material. Where as the Inter company STO has no sales order and the division at the header level would be from the Intternal customer which is your recieving plant. And in sales order ,we have a provision to check If the Item Level division and the header level division differs, system will throw an error or warning message based on the configuration we make in VOV8. But in Inter company STO we will be Invoicing the Recieveing plant wchich will be assigned to particualr Inter company billing division, the Billing document will have that particular division. Check to whcih sales area(Interco Billing Div) your plant has been assigned to by going to

SPRO-IMG-MATERIALS MANAGEMENT-PURCHASING-SETUP STO-DEFINE SHIPPING DATA FOR PLANTS.

Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

During the invoice the system does pick the diviion from the in Shpping data for plant config.I need to know if there is any standard way to overwrite this so that the system can populate the division in the material master rather than the division in the shipping data for plant configuration.

Or should i write a custom exit to populate the division from the material master.

Regards,

Ajay

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I dont think there is a standard way to do this. If you have an exit(I am not sure about this), Please go ahead.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Thanks for the reply, I think this setting is for reading the division from the material master at the time of creation of sales order.In my case there is no sale order,as i need it for STO .I need the system to copy the division from the material master during billing.

Regards,

Ajay

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Go to VOV8 and check you sales document type settings. In your sales order type whether the item division under General control heading is checked or not. If it is checked then the division will flow

from Material master .

Thanks

Sushant