Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Multiple Selections not possible in the selection screen (WD ABAP)

All,

I developed a Web Dynpro Application with a selection screen where the select options (extensions and intervals) for e.g. MATNR (Material) are defined by the used component WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS. When the user clicks the small arrow on the right side of screen (extensions) and gives his criteria to get a list of Materials, the standard screen has multi select capabilities. But when we select more then one records and try to copy in the extensions screen, the system gives an error message saying that only one entry can be copied.

Questions:

1) Is there any way we can enable the multi record copy functionality?

2) Is there any way we can override the error message and have our own handler? If yes, can someone please give a brief example?

3) Any other thoughts on having the multiple selection capabilities?

Thanks

replied

That is actually what I was refering to as well.

>The users are asking if we can give them the capability of selecting more then one row here so that multiple values are populated in the small "Multiple Selections" popup.

The short answer is no. This has to do with the design of the search help itself (WD Component WDR_F4_ELEMENTARY). Have a look at the Event handler in the GENERAL view - ONACTIONTAKE_OVERN. You will see the IF check on the number of selected lines.

I am sure that this has to do with the complexity of bring mulitple values back into a source context. When the help is triggered, you have a reference to the context element that activated it - but where would you place multiple instances back into (even if the node containing the element was a multiple cardinality)?

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question