cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisites for Uupgrading Support Package Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know what should I check before upgrading support package level in landscape. Recently I planed to upgrade DEV system but some modifiable requests prevent importing SAP_BASIS successfully.

As far as I know I have to check TLOCK table but I am not sure this is enough.

Is there any SAP Note to check prerequisites before doing upgrade?

I want to make sure to be in a safe side this time.

Regards,

Sanaz.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanaz,

Well some of the prerequisites before you start Upgrading:

1. Have a full back

2. Upgrade your SPAM to the latest version

3. Always have SAP notes 822379 and 822380,these tell the possible errors that you might get during upgrade

4. Make sure all the pre-requisites of a particular software components ex:SAP_BASIS are met

But as regard to modification transports,these will generally come,When this error occurs check for the transports that SAP is mentioning and then check with the owner of the transport requests whether they are needed or can be overwritten and they take a decision

Let me know of any questions

Rohit

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is also recommended to upgrade your SAP kernel right after a successful backup. so, from Rohit's post, that would be step 1.1

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanaz,

In Addition to the above,plz see the following points before upgrading SP.

Logon the SAP system in 000 client.

Make sure that there is enough space under /usr/sap/trans directory.If there is not enough memory then you will get dump at the time of SP upgradation.

Make sure that you have newest SPAM update in your sap system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanaz,

In addition to above also see below pre-requisite steps:-

1.You should also order side effect report before applying support packs.

2.When you import/apply Support Packages, do not use the SAP System productively. This means no other user should be logged on except for the system administrator and no background jobs should be running.So lock all dialog users during SP upgrade & run BTCTRNS1.

3.You should check for all open request. Release them(if it belongs to you) or delete them ( if those are not required).If those are belongs to other team members then consult with them & release or delete them with thr confirmation.Dont keep any modifiable/open request in the system.

Thanks,

Sushil