cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am in the planning stage for Solution Manager implementation for one of my clients and have a basic question I need to clarify. Would appreciate if anyone could give your inputs.

We are about to start on a two system Landscape for solution Manager: SOLMAN Development and SOLMAN Production servers.

Scenario: My collegues have suggested that SOLMAN development would be integrated with teh R/3 Dev and QA clients and SOLMAN Production would work with R/3 Production.

We are planning for Change Request Management, Early Watch Alerts, Service Desk and solution monitoring

I want to setup Service Desk with Change Request Management functionality to enable direct access to the R/3 Development from SOLMAN production and import the Transport Requests to QA, complete the testing and move it to Production in one complete Maintenance cylce.

Is this possible with the two system landscape of solution.

I am unclear about how the systems would behave as the SOLMAN Development is left out in the entire process. And if I change anything in the R/3 dev server thru a Production SOLMAN service message, how would the SOLMAN Dev Server react. IS there something I should be doing there?

What would happen to the Early Watch Alerts and Bussiness process monitoring setup that I have made in SOLMAN Dev server linked to the R/3 Dev server.

Hope the above explanation is not very confusing..

Thanks and Regards,

Farhad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ps0907
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Your Solution Manager production system would connect to all of the R/3 systems through a solution landscape that you would define as part of the scenarios you have listed. Your Solution Manager development system would be used for development and testing in the Solution Manager landscape itself. You would use this system to test Solution Manager support packages before they are applied to the Solution Manager production system. Any configuration settings that are needed to support the Solution Manager scenarios would be made in your Solution Manager development system and then would be transported to Solution Manager production. You would probably setup a solution landscape for the Solution Manager systems themselves and process Solution Manager change requests through Change Request Management as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wrong messge updated... hence erasing... apologies..

Edited by: Sanju Jayaprakash on Jun 2, 2009 1:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul. This gives me some calrity on how things would look in the near future.

To reconfirm my understanding, I can still create the SAP Support Desk Scenario in the Solution Manager Dev server and test it with with the R/3 Dev Server and move all the SOLMAN configuration transports to SOLMAN Production.

Sounds alright to me... Will get back with the results of how it went.

Thanks and Regards,

Farhad.