cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro Apps for account activate, password reset and unlock the account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I want to develop webdynpro application to activate my SAP backend Account, Reset the password and unlock the account. This WD app has to be accessed by the anonymous users in External Facing portal Environment.

Of course Some BAPIs are provided by SAP to achieve this. But the WD application developed using these BAPIs is not working when I make it available to anonymous users, and I can achieve this by configure the logon page but I want to achieve this through WD app.

Can anybody guide me to achieve this

Thanks in advance

Regards

samba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thank you all

I used UID/PWD authentication type in creation of Jco Destination. The WD application is working well when I access using other than Anonymous user id but not working with anonymous user. In detail, I created WD ivew to my WD app and added to one of the role. I assigned that role to Anonymous group.

When I access that application using the following URL http ://< server> :< port>/irj/portal/anonymous, its displaying portal runtime error. When the same role assigned to the user whose authentication type is default, its working well. I made pages ivews authentication to anonymous.

Regards

samba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the Anonymous user is having the enough permissions to execute the BAPI in R/3.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have provided the required permissions, even though not working..

Regards

samba

Edited by: K. SambasivaRao on Jun 2, 2009 9:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samba,

The BAPIs are executed using the JCo layer. Check the security settings of the JCo, the authentication scheme used (whether it logon ticket or UID/PWD). The JCos should have UID/PWD setting as the logon ticket wont work for anonymous user(as they are not authenicated).

In case it is UID/PWD check if the user id has the proper privileges to execute the BAPI in backend.

Also, check the code for the execution of the BAPI to confirm if the BAPI is being executed.

Regards,

Kartikaye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the problem u face with BAPIs?

If BAPIs work successfully at R/3 level,I don't see any problem using them in webdynpro.

If it is not working with ananymous,then you might have configured JCO model destination using log tickets..Try using User id/pwd method for this..

BTW are you just creating users at R/4 level or also trying to replicate the accounts at portal level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samba,

What is the exact problem you are getting here?

You said, BAPIs are not working. Not working means, are you getting any error? If so, what is the exact error you are getting?

Regards,

Jaya.