cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

budget release......

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys

after creating a project, i planned cost, allocated budget and i HAVE NOT released budget.

the system is allowing me to procure the materails under the project, i could convert PR TO PO.

system is unable to read the released budget and going ahead. why this is happeneing?

if it is so,as by std SAP

i want to defaut a Rs1 budget, for all the WBS elements.

Can anyone help me out.

Regards

surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Surya,

How did you solve your availability control in budget releasing issue?

Thank you,

Patricia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unmark checkbox for Release indicator in budget profile. System will activate availability control after allocating budget.

Regards

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Surya,

There is no standard functionality provided by SAP.

You can control this only by user status. Keep WBS in the unreleased stage untill CJ32 happens.

Assign authorization key for Deleting user status of WBS Element. And provide authorization to a person from Accounts who is responsible for budget release.

He ll release budget..( System status AVAC will be on) and he ll remove/ delete user status which restricts to release WBS.

Then respo. person for WBS ll release WBS and your PR will check budget.

You can not achive more than this in std. SAP.

Another option is you can work with Business Add-In: WBS Elements (BUS2054).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do the following steps

CJ30 - Planned Budget

CJ32 - Release Budget

Then check in the WBS element wheteher the system / user status is set as Budgeted and availability control is active. If it is active then it will not allow you to clear the PO

Check out the thing...

PR can be created... PO can be stopped

PO can be created... GR can be stopped

This can be done as per the business process

Regards

Uddhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The budget release check will not happen if you dont put any figure in CJ32 transaction. In case of NULL values the system does not check anything.

Thanks ,

Devdut

Former Member
0 Kudos

boss (Devdut Saha )

i know this ...............this is wht my quiery is ..........i need a solution for this .............

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think there is any standard configuration for this. one user exit (SAPLBPFC) is available for the availability check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

As someone has suggested in this forum, the only way to stop releasing the Project is through User status.. System behaves exactly the way you had mentioned because it checks the budget only if AVAC is activated and as per your configuration AVAC will comes into picture only if you release the budget. But there is no control till the time AVAC is activated and hence system allows to release activities eeven without budget. So the only way I know is you can stop Releasing the Project is to have an User status in place. If anybody has a different idea, plz. share.

Regards,

L.Balachandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to release the budget and define tolerance limit to enable the budget control process,without release any cost will be assigned to WBS element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Check commitment management is activated at CO Area level. If so.. please check whether statistical cost element (with category is created for the GL which triggers in your PO? This is the reason that system is not able to check against the Release Budget !!!...

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you had defined tolerance limits, with activation type = 1 in your budget profile, avalability should get activated once your allocate budget.

Allocate budget and check system status in project for AVAC. If it is getting activated then it should work fine provided tolerance limit for activation groups are defined.

Thanks

Saikishore.Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the following steps:

1-In SPRO

-Maintain Budget profile, availability control on the right hand, tick Activation Type 1

-Define Tolerance Limits, This is according to your business requirement for example choose the following

CoAr: your controlling area

Profile: your Budget profile

Tr Grp ++

Act. 3

Usage 100

-Maintain Network type, Tick planning in control indicator

-Define Order Value Updating for Orders for Projects, remove tick from assign fund in plan from network

2- Run T-Code CJEN

3- Create Original Budget T-Code CJ30

4- Release Budget T-Code CJ32

If the assigned cost exceeded the released budget you must update the budget through supplement or increase the original budget.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Budget Profile in OPS9.

If '' Releases" indicator is ticked , then system will carry out availability control when the overall or the annual budget released.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

release is ticked..........

if i have not released any budget, the system is going ahed without any budget.............

i want to restrict this, is it possible............

Regards

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using the Budget profile this is possible.

Use OPS9 t code to configure that in this do the settings in availability control

Activation Type = 1

Check the object currency and Releases box

and assign this profile into your project profile OPSA, so that while creating project the budget profile will copy automatically.

Please check and reply

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have done the same

no .....................nothing is happening

i am again puting my quation in a wright way.........

i made a project, planned cost, ALLOCATED budget, not released budget..............

when i procure any material, without budget release, the system is not checking and going ahead...that is PR is getting converted to PO

need solution

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please check in your project the budget profile is copied correctly.

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try Activating Budget Availability Control using T Code: CJBV

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not wish to sound rhetorical.

But as friends suggested earlier.

1. Chk budget profile

2. chk if same budget profile is in the project profile

3. once you have done these and created a project hierarchy etc, chk the system and user statuses

4. release save and exit from project screen

5. check the availability control for project

Optional 6. Manually Activate AVAC if required use t : CJBV

7. Try creating PR against the WBS..... System should not allow you to proceed.

Thanks

Pradyumna

PS: Please also do confirm the aforementioned budget profile settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check the tolerance limits to make sure it is set up for PR and PO or better yet for all transactions and the usage is net set to be very high amount..

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Surya

create user status profile & use it for tracking whether BUDG is activated in the project or not. You can stop releasing the project/ WBSE if system status is not BUDG. This way you can control.

Thanks