cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO / EO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi masters,

is there a way where I can use EOIO quality of service without its disadvantages? i mean, if a message failed, is there a way wherein the queue will continue just like in EO? The client wants sequential processing without its disadvantages.

Thanks.

Regards,

IX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>without its disadvantages? i mean, if a message failed, is there a way wherein the queue will continue just like in EO?

of course not

the idea of EOIO is the sequence - so use EO if you don't need it

BTW

sequence processing is not a disadvantage but the advantage as you use EOIO

to maintain sequence - always (also in case of errors) so it's an advantage (core functionality)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ master michal, yes i know it's an advantage. what i'm saying is the queue hold status. If there's an error, i want the queue to just continue.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'll try BPM or queue prioritization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ignatius,

I had a similar query in my last assignment, but EOIO was at its optimum best in situations such as a DB commit, where a sequence of operations when successfull would reflect the changed /modified info... hence EOIO was the way to go..just my opinion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a way where I can use EOIO quality of service without its disadvantages? i mean, if a message failed, is there a way wherein the queue will continue just like in EO? - No

The client wants sequential processing without its disadvantages - If in sequential processing if a msg is in error and you continue with remaining msgs, then you are not maintaining sequential processing.....so this is why in EOIO sequential processing is done leading to blocking of queues on erroring msgs............so if you do not want sequential processing, take EO mode.......

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I had a similar situation..I used EO with a wait step in my IP..not a perfect way to do it..but worked b cos..they wanted the rest of the messages to be processed even if one em failed....probably u can use the same if it suits ur scenario

Edited by: Jayendra Gangundi on Jun 1, 2009 9:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jayendra, how can i perform the IP waiting? When I perform EOIO, is there a way wherein the queue will not get stuck? thanks!

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how can i perform the IP waiting?

IP = BPM....so if you want it to Wait then you need to add a Wait step in it..

When I perform EOIO, is there a way wherein the queue will not get stuck?

Only way is to ensure that no processing fails.....otherwise you get Holding status...

Former Member
0 Kudos

in which cases will the queue be put in a hold status? if there's a sysfail? will the ABAP report RSQIWKEX fix this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

well its certainly not a good idea i feel to put a wait in BPM if u r goin to use EOIO, cos then the BPM is instantiated..then a wait and when ther is an error ther r multiple logs..performance will be real bad may be..

As i stated early..the client in my case wanted to ensure sequential processing..but they wanted the processing to continue even if one instance fails..

hence i used EO service with a wait step, cos at one shot we would have 50+ files hitting the FTP..

hope this will help u...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> in which cases will the queue be put in a hold status? if there's a sysfail? will the ABAP report RSQIWKEX fix this problem?

an EOIO message will go into Holding status in AE...so status visible in RWB....this happens when the first message fails and then all the following messages go into Holding state.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

by fail, you mean red flag in sxmb_moni? so, if there's a red flagged message, all other messages will not be processed?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> by fail, you mean red flag in sxmb_moni? so, if there's a red flagged message, all other messages will not be processed?

i never mentioned SXMB_MONI :).....in SXMB_MONI the status will be successful.....the error will occur in RWB or in exact terms AE......so the status check will be in RWB --> Message Monitoring --> Messages From Component (Adapter Engine) ---> From (Database).....and then in the Status Dropdown list you will have the option of selecting the messages with Holding status......Holding means the message processing is waiting to be completed but cannot do so because some earlier message has failed.....EOIO has the bad reputation of going into Holding.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

what errors will cause hold status for queue in AE? is it the same with SYSFAIL in smq2? Can I use the background job RSQIWKEX so that the queues will continue?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
what errors will cause hold status for queue in AE? is it the same with SYSFAIL in smq2?

you can consider holding as a green flag in SXMB_MONI......processing is scheduled....and yes ultimately both are due to SYSFAIL in the first message....

Can I use the background job RSQIWKEX so that the queues will continue?

sorry no idea here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

so that means i can use the background job because it unlocks queues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there no way i can configure EOIO so that it won't stop when there's a wrong message? why is it like that? the client is asking if i can get the advantage of both QoS

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
is there no way i can configure EOIO so that it won't stop when there's a wrong message?

yes there seems to be a way to process a message in Holding status from RWB so that the rest of the messages are processed successfully (may be we cannot do any other processing to ensure that messages are not stuck)...check this blog:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Regards,

Abhishek.