cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd sequencing in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requiremnt to do serial sequencing, i was trying to do it using quality of service EOIO, but it didnt worked out(SFTP adater has no option for setting quality of service).Finally it is decided to go for BPM. I am completly new to BPM.

We have 3 IDOC flat files(txt),with different process code say A,B,and C(present in content of the file).These needs to be picked and processed.

We need to proccess in order say ..first check process code is A or B or C,and then process in sequece A ->B-> C.

could anybody help me out in this scenario

Regards,

Anika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here is an example for this case:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/77/0737133012b24b9d0a12c6df2b1054/frameset.htm

All Examples in SAP Help could be found in the SAP BASIS SC.

Regards

Patrick

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If all your three Idocs are of three different type then i dont see any problem.

The only thing you need to take care is,delivery mode of BPM ahould be set to buffering possible. Please see the following blog to set the BPM delivery mode to Bffering Possible.

/people/milan.thaker/blog/2008/07/04/delivery-modes-in-bpm

Now in your case you will create a BPM having three receive steps with message type A, B and C respectively. You also need to define the correlation as you are having more than two receive steps in you BPM.

For every A messsage a new BPM instance will be triggered. B and C message will be delivered to the running BPM instances based on correlation.

In case if C message comes to XI before the message A and B it will be buffer (as we have have selected the delivery mode buffering possible) and later will be delivered to the correct BPM instance when A and B will available to XI.

Same case if B message comes to XI before message A then it will be buffer and later it will be delivered to the correct BPM instance.