cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Project version automatically when RESA status is carried out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS experts,

I Want a project version to be created automatically when result analysis status is carried out and appeared on the 1st level of WBS.

The following steps i had made in SPRO

In version profile I created a version profile using system status I0082 RESA (version when Result analysis carried out), I Choose the following objects in the version :Project profile, WBS element, Network, Network activity, Component,Element, Milestone, Costs ,but it doesn't work.

Please advise if there are missing steps, or i have to create a user status

If so please give me the detailed steps to follow.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS Experts,

Any new proposals regarding this issue?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmed for your help,

The scenario is to create project version when R/A is carried out, I followed your steps

I have entered WBSE on which RESA status is activated and not Project Definition in CN41 entry screen and selected version data - object related, it shows the project WBSE but all figures like actual cost, plan cost and revenue is zero.

I tried also reports (S_ALR_87013538 - Project Version Comparison: Actual/Plan & S_ALR_87013539 - Project Version Comparison: Plan ) I received the following message No costs, revenues or finances were selected

I want to get a full picture of the projects figure (Plan cost, plan revenue, etc....) with a hierarchy how can i do that.....

Thanks again

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have selected all objects in version except sales order, I didn't also check MTA in Indicator of version box. Is there's somthing missing..........

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do u have planned cost and actual cost posted to project?...check that with some report (not comparing with project version)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Plan, actual Cost and revenue have been posted,

In CN41 when i select current data with version data the figures appears its the current not version data but when i select only version data the message arose...............

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have planned cost, revenue and actual cost posted to project appeared in all reports and in KKA2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I added new sys BUD, REL status in version profile in addition to RESA then i created a project, released it, activated budget and run RA, the version createn only for release.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I followed all these scenarios but it didn't work, have you made these steps before and succeeded?

I think the problem is the version will not be created automatically on WBS 1st level upon RESA status . it works on project definition or manually creation.............Please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have tried the steps for other system status (Released and Budgeted), but i havent tried it for status RESA but i think it should be the same.

could you please try doing same steps for different system status? if it doesnt work then the problem could be elsewhere which we overlooked.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I already linked version profile with system status RESA to project profile.

After i run R/A T-Code KKA2 system status RESA is appeared on the first level of WBS just under project definition, but when I run report S_ALR_87013539 or S_ALR_87013538 there's no version created for the relevant project....

Any other missing settings ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try this:

run the report, (e.g. S_ALR_87013539 or even CN41)

input the WBS ELEMENT ONLY (which has already has RESA status) (not the entire project) in the wbs element field.

tick on Version DATA, click on search button, it should show the version already.

OR:

perhaps it did not update since its possible it had RESA already before you changed the project profile.

Create a NEW project, make sure use the appropriate profile

input other data, run results analysis,

then do same steps as above...

i think its not because of settings, but maybe because you did not assign the version profile at once to the project profile...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your support.

I Checked all these but version still not ctreated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just in case you have not done it, in project profile (OPSA) you need to assign the version profile you created. and make sure the the project profile you used is the one you assigne to the version profile...

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

seems your maintenance is complete...

kindly make sure you have wbs element that is NOT RESA...

then carry out Results analysis for the WBs element... (check that it already has RESA status)

then run report (such as CN41) for the WBS element you are checking... then you can should see the version you created by ticking on Version Data when you change the DB profile.

note that the version is ONLY created is for the WBS elements/objects which change status, not for the entire project. thus you will not be able to find created version if you only input the Proj DEf in the report.

another thing, project versions are not always created in real time ( sometimes takes a while to be created)

if still not working, kindly revert, perhaps somethinge else missing