cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing/activating Configuration tpz files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to import Configuration tpz files from one XI server to another. I have defined Transport Targets for all the Business Systems in the SLD also.

In Configuration, all the objects for a particular scenario are imported correctly from the tpz file, without any error. All these inactivated objects are grouped under a single change list called "XI 3.0 Import".

But while truing to activate this chage list, it gives error "Unable to activate <Receiver Determination> - Object <Receiver Communication Channel> does not exist".

I am also unable to activate any of the objects individually.It gives message "Unable to move object. Change lists were not part of the same import",

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Regards,

Puloma.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Import will normally be succesfull, since the 'real checking' will take place during activation as you noticed.

Have a look at you original config scenario. It looks like the communication channel is not added to the scenario. Add it in your original system and transport again.

Or you can create the communication channel manually in you target system.

Regards,

Theo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem is now solved.

We deleted the offending Receiver Determination objects from the Change List, and the rest of the change list was activated without any further errors. We now just have to re-create the Receiver dtermination objects.

Theo,

The communication channels in the original configuration were assisgned to scenarios.Also, re-creation of new Communication Channels was useless, as the resp. Business Systems were inactived.

However, the problem is now almost solved, as we don't have to replicate the entire Configuration manually, just the Receiver Determination.

Regards,

Puloma.

Answers (0)