cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an InfoCube that is a replica of another InfoCube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been tasked to create an InfoCube that is a replica of another InfoCube in the same infoArea, is there a way to do some kind of time-saving "copy" and just change the technical name? or do I have to do the creating manually (each characteristic key figure and time characteristic...)

Thank you and Kind regards,

Keith Kibuuka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

While creating the new cube give the cube name in the "Copy from" section. It would copy all the characteristics and Key figures. It would even copy the dimensions and Navigational attributes.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

the same procedure....

Give CREATE INFOCUBE there specify the NEW INFOCUBE NAME and DESCRIPTION. Then an option COPY FROM will be there there you spicify the SOURCE INFOCUBE from which you want to get the structure. This creates the NEW INFOCUBE with all the properties of the former.

You just have to ACTIVATE the NEW INFOCUBE.... no creations of DIMENSIONS and other stuff.... everything is done by the COPY FROM option. So need not bother just click ACTIVATE icon.

Hope this Helps....

Sankar Kumar

+91 98403 47141

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

If you Copy a Cube - Will it Copy the Compression Status as well ?

Don

former_member209702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy of infocube copies only the schema i.e structure of the infocube. Hence doesnt copy compression status.

Geetanjali.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>select ur infocube

>context menu

>select genric data export

copy the cube struture into another which ur creating the cube on same infoarea

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

copy option available while creating infocube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating the Info cube there is option called

<b>copy from</b>, You can give the old cube name there.

Reward if helpful.

shylaja.