Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU53 - Tcode for offending transaction missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When an authorization error occurs (rel. 6.20), the data concerning the error are kept in SPA/GPA parameters. Transaction SU53 GETs the info and display it together with info from user-authorizaton. It's very nice, but we miss Tcode for the offending transaction. (In some cases Tcode is a part of error-msg, but we want the Tcode in all cases.)

The data is set by basis ('AUTH_CHECK_TCODE' and others), and here we cannot modify.

We are developing ZSU53 (copy of SU53) as a part of an authorization utility.

Have You any idea on how to get <u>the offending Tcode</u> in SU53 / ZSU53 ?

Can anyone understand why this is not included in standard SU53? It would be so easy to SET a new parameter with SY-TCODE in the right place ?

Regards Lars

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars,

When we use SU53, it is because a user fails to run a particular t-code successfully. We simply ask them to run SU53 after the failure and then TELL US what t-code they were trying to run.

Is that not acceptable in your org?

0 Kudos

Hello,

No, I'm afriad not.

The purpuse of this development is to make the procedure automatic.

0 Kudos

"Can anyone understand why this is not included in standard SU53? It would be so easy to SET a new parameter with SY-TCODE in the right place ?"

I think your answer is simply that SAP expects you to speak to your users.

Issues of security should be handled on a case-by-case basis... not resolved through automation.

If you are cloning SU53, then you have your solution. You will need to store off sy-tcode.

0 Kudos

Hello John,

Thanks for answer.

But to make the collection of info automatic and secure does not exclude talking to people.

I am just hoping someone have experience of how to "store off" sy-tocde in this special case, or if it is already hidden somwhere where I can't see it.

Regards Lars

0 Kudos

I would suggest using an EXPORT command to store off the value in your ZSU53. From there, you can IMPORT the memory and read it (into a custom report or whatever).

Is that enough info?

Don't forget those points.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm sorry that I explain problem so bad.

It's not an technical ABAP-problem, but an system-issue of where and how to find the offending transaction-code in the system, hopefully without doing to much modifications.

Regads Lars

0 Kudos

Lars,

In looking briefly at SU53, the t-code is visible in the second GET statement just after the Start-of-selection.

In statement:

GET PARAMETER ID 'XU2' FIELD usr07val1

usr07val1 will contain the "offending t-code".

0 Kudos

John,

Yes, I know. As I wrote in the first entry:

"(In some cases Tcode is a part of error-msg, but we want the Tcode in all cases.)"

When the Tcode is a part of error-message, it is placed as parameter in 'XU2'.

Regads Lars