cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying Wizard: "Step cannot be reached or has more than one nested..."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an application that uses the Wizard type of layer control....it has 10 steps.

When deploying, I get a warning saying the following:

"Step <step name> cannot be reached or has more than one nested level"

This message appears for steps 4 through 10 but, of course as it is only a warning, it does not stop the application deploying.

When I run the deployed application, the wizard "path" at the top stops at step 3. However, I can progress all the way through to step 10 using my navigation controls and, at each stage past stage 4, when the stage is reached the corresponding extra box is added in the wizard "path" at the top.

This is frustrating - although it's not stopping my application working, I really want the whole path to be visible throughout that application. I've checked and checked and there is nothing strange about the step where the trail runs cold.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and, if so, do you have some means of resolving it?

Thanks,

Tristan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tristan,

I've got this exact problem. Did you resolve it ?

Thanks

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Funnily enough, I have just this minute received a response from SAP to my OSS note, see below. I haven't had time to try this out yet, but it sounds right.

The Wizard navigation shows in a given timeframe only the availible

default path between the layers.

The default path between layers is marked with the transition event

colored as purple, regular path is blue.

In your case, your model is defined as such

Select Version -- Create Budget(Purple) --> Load Data Next(Blue)>

The rest of the layers.

Therefore the reason that you don't see the rest of the steps is that

they are not defined as part of the default path for this iView.

In order to set a transition link to be part of the default path, right

click on it, and choose "Set as default".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tristan. That was perfect timing.

Thanks for sharing their response with me. That fixed the problem. Aftert having a play it seem that you need to do it on all "forward" links between the layers.

Many Thanks again

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it working for any other layer control like Tab or Link tree? Have you used more than one nested iViews in it? If you are using layer control then dont use nested iViews.

Regrads

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If I switch it to a Tab view, then it works fine and all tabs are displayed. Changing to a Link Tree results in a Deploy error.

There are no nested iViews in the application at all and I've checked and rechecked the links between layers (and they do actually work).

Thanks,

Tristan