cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I want to know about purpose of create Outbound delivery.

Can I process Sales Order without Outbound Delivery.

Could you please tell me how to setup automatic account in SAP, and which account:

Outbound delivery:

Cr ....

Dr.....

Post Goods Issue: ( Transaction Code ????)

Cr ....

Dr.....

Billing:

Cr ....

Dr.....

and if without Outbound delivery:

Post Goods Issue: ( Transaction Code ????)

Cr .....

Dr.....

Billing:

Cr .....

Dr.....

Thank and Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After creating sales order you have to create a outbound delivery in tcode VL01N

For PGI the accounting entries are

cost of goods sold A/c DR

To Invetory A/c

After billing the following accounting entries are created

Customer A/c Dr

To Sales A/c

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank for your answer.

I don't know why in MM module can process with inbound delivery or without inbound delivery, but in SD module have to create outbound deliver?

What is purpose of create outbound delivery?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

There are lots of activities which we have to perform from SD side after creation of order. In fact the main purpose it to consolidate lots of shipping activities in one.

SAP says the outbound delivery is the business process in order to support all shipping activities like picking, packing, transport and goods issue.

All information regarding shipping planning is stored in outbound delivery, the status of shipping activities is monitored, and data gathered during the course of shipping processing is recorded. By creating outbound delivery, shipping activities are started, and data is transferred that is generated during shipping processing.

Please let us know whether it helped....

Thanks,

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What is purpose of create outbound delivery?

As you would be aware, materials will be manufactured against sales requirements and you have to reduce this inventory from the system.

In SAP, to reduce this inventory, you create an outbound delivery with movement type 601 (for normal sales). In other words, wherever physical outward movement of goods involved, you need to create an outbound delivery.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The sales order can be processed without outbound delivery... which is followed in scenarios like Third Party Order Processing and sale of services. But in the normal business process billing should happen only after the outbound delivery.

Thanks,

Ravi