Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK 404 Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing following error while sending the XML to XI

I am able to complete the Load activity in the mobile data entry.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Integration Server

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>404</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>Not Found</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

\(Some XML code )

<SAP:Stack>HTTP response contains status code 404 with the description Not Found XML element Envelope missing in SOAP message header (SAP XI Extension)</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

404 is an HTTP response code that indicates that the resource in question couldn't be found. Usually this is due to an incorrect URL, so I would recommend double checking all URLs involved first.

If all of those are correct, the next part that you need to zero in on is: 'Not Found XML element Envelope missing in SOAP message header (SAP XI Extension)'

I'm not positive, but it seems like the SOAP message that you're sending doesn't have an envelope. The SOAPEnvelope is a container for both the SOAPBody (i.e. the payload) and the SOAPHeaders that can be viewed as processing instructions for the receiving system. I don't know why it wouldn't be there, but you could start following up on this by sending a message to a port dumper and looking at the structure to see if there is in fact an envelope.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply and valuable answer.

I am working on the suggestions given by you.

If i am able to find solution i will let everyone know.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was able to solve this problem

The solution was relate to URL http URL was not working so we used the other method explained below.

I dont understand why HTTP was not working.

<b>Solution</b>

URL in String Display

URL for calling the Integration Server.

Use

There are two ways of specifying a URL:

http://<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

<host is the host name of the Integration Server and port is the HTTP port.

If you have already maintained this entry in your system landscape description, you can copy the entry as follows: Choose Edit -> Change Global Configuration Data to switch to change mode. Then select System Landscape - Load Configuration.

You must define the username, password, language, and client in the ICF service in the target system.

The ICF service is called /sap/xi/engine.

The user name is the name of the person who processes the XML messages on the Integration Server.

dest://<IntegrationServer-Destination>

<IntegrationServer-Destination> is the RFC destination (SM59) of type HTTP connection (type H) to the Integration Server. In this case, host name, port, and path prefix are saved in the RFC destination.

First create a type H SM59 destination with the host name and the HTTP port of the Integration Server. Enter the following path prefix: /sap/xi/engine/?type=entry.

In this case, the name of the user and the password are saved in the SM59 destination in the current system; you do not need to specify them in the SICF service in the target system.

You must place the prefix dest:// before the name of the SM59 destination so that the system knows that this is not a direct specification of the URL, but a logical definition in this case.

Thank you Steve for the help. May be intially i was not able to understand what you meant.

Regards

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit!

Please tell me as where should i specify the URL.

I am using HTTP adapter as receiver. Myscenario is:

File>XI>J2EE application.

Help is needed urgently!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta, Our scenario was R/3> XI>AII. Not sure in J2EE where you mention the url.

But in XI & SAP components which use XI part. The trasaction SXMB_admin-->integration engine configuration is where we maintain the URL's. IN AII also you will maintain these url's in above mentioned transaction

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply>