cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Configure betwen Portal and SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I installed SAP R/3 (server) in one system and EP 6.0 (client) in another system, and iam getting ping from client to server

but while requesting from client, page cannot be found is displayed

what could be the reason

Thanks in Advance

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rakesh!

Step1. create a system object in system administration->system configuration.

step2. set the properties of the system object i,e connector and UserManagement properties.

step3. create an alias for the system object.

step4. go to user administration and do the usermapping by giving the username and password.

step5. go to content administration and here while creating the transactional iview select SAP GUI for windows.

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i worked with following steps, is their any error

pls specified

Connecting to SAP System

System Administration – System Configuration – System Landscape – Portal Content( create new folder) – folder4

System Object

RC folder4 – new – system - SAP R/3 dedicated – next – System Name(system1) – next – finish – open for editing

Property category – Connector – App Host : ipaddress (192.168.0.1)

Remote host type : 3 – SAP Client : 800 – SAP System name : global - SAP System ID: 00 - SAP Server Port : 3200 - System Type : SAP_R3 - SAVE

System Alias

In the Display select – System Aliases - Alias name ( sysalas) – add – select - save

In the Display select – Object

Logon

Property Category – User management - logon Method - UIDPW - User Mapping Type – admin, user – SAVE.

User mapping

User administration – User Mapping – search admin in users – start – System – select (alias) – sysalas - user ( admin ) – password ( admin) - SAVE

Iview Creation

Content Administration – Portal Content – folder4 – RC – New – iview – SAP Transaction iview – next – iview (iview1) – next – sap gui for windows – next - System (sysalas) - Transactin Code (mno) – next – open for editing - - finish – save.

RC iview1 – open – object – preview.

regards

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Try specifying the gateway host of the system.

Thanks,

Samta

Message was edited by: samta nichani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the System <b>ID</b> ("SID) is the 3 letter/digits code of your system!

"00" is the "System <b>number</b>"

Which version of SAPGui for WIndows do you use??

kr,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have installed SAP R/3--4.7 Enterprise Edition.

i think not necessary to give SID,

i have given system number as 00.

even it is giving error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

please specifiy in detail what error you get and when this error occurs!!

Are you still trying the connection test or are you calling the iview?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

what page do you call from the R/3 server?

ITS, BSP, WebDynpro...? How do you call it? Via SAP standard iView or a custom iView?

kr,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi michael,

i gave as parameters follows:

host: as ip address of the R3 system

system number: as sapR3 system no:00

sap client: 800

system type: sap_R3

sytem name also with ip i have given.

even it shows mapping error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not calling from sapR3, i called from portal system system objects.

while i am connecting from portal system objects through sapR3 connection i faced this problem.

it show mapping error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are testing the connection to your R/3 system from within the system editor in the portal!?

As you say it gives you a "mapping error" it seems that you don't have entered usermapping data for this system.

You need to set a system alias from within the system editor and enter your user ID and pw for the R/3 via "Portal Personalization" in the header of the portal of via the "User Administrartion" menu in the navigation and then "User Mapping".

For displaying ITS webgui transactions or WebDynpros from the R/3 system you also have to enter the ITS and WAS parameters in the system editor.

Check <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ea/d4df3df2ad685ae10000000a11405a/content.htm">this SAP Help link</a> for more information about system parameters.

hth,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Did you specify the system alias ?

Also, did you Specify the "User mapping type" as "admin,user" and "LOGON METHOD" as "UIDPW"

Thanks,

Samta

PS : Rewards points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

system alias i have provided.

usermanagement all these thing done.

but one thing, if sapR3 system name is "abc" with one ip adress, epserver name is also "abc" but different ip address. ofcourse system name confliction there, but different ip we have given i think.

if i change the system name--- then server will not activated means not opened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What parameter do you refer to when saying "system name"?

The System ID ("SID") has to be different for every system in your SAP landscape! Leave the "R3 Name" Parameter empty, it is not necessary... But enter the SID!

You should also enter the full qualified domain name instead of the IP adress! This is essential if you want to use SAPLogonTicket for SSO later on.

Michael